Some vulnerabilities have been reported in Apple Safari, which can be exploited by malicious people to bypass certain security restrictions, disclose sensitive information, or compromise a user's system.
1) An integer overflow error when processing ColorSync profiles embedded in images can be exploited to potentially execute arbitrary code.
For more information see vulnerability #4 in: SA36701
2) An error exists when handling an "Open Image in New Tab", "Open Image in New Window", or "Open Link in New Tab" shortcut menu action performed on a link to a local file. This can be exploited to load a local HTML file and disclose sensitive information by tricking a user into performing the affected actions within a specially crafted webpage.
3) An error exists in WebKit when sending "preflight" requests originating from a page in a different origin. This can be exploited to facilitate cross-site request forgery attacks by injecting custom HTTP headers.
4) Multiple errors in WebKit when handling FTP directory listings on Windows can be exploited to disclose sensitive information, cause a crash, or potentially execute arbitrary code.
5) An error in WebKit when handling an HTML 5 Media Element on Mac OS X can be exploited to bypass remote image loading restrictions via e.g. HTML-formatted emails.
NOTE: Some errors leading to crashes, caused by the included libxml2 library, have also been reported.
Solution: Update to version 4.0.4.
Provided and/or discovered by: 1-3, 5) Reported by the vendor.
4) The vendor credits Michal Zalewski of Google Inc.
Original Advisory: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3949
Do you have additional information related to this advisory?
Please provide information about patches, mitigating factors, new versions, exploits, faulty patches, links, and other relevant data by posting comments to this Advisory. You can also send this
information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: Apple Safari Multiple Vulnerabilities
No posts yet
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Secunia Customer Login
Not a customer already?
Learn more about how our market leading Vulnerability Management solutions can help you manage risk and ensure compliance.