Some vulnerabilities have been reported in Mozilla Firefox, which can be exploited by malicious people to conduct spoofing attacks, bypass certain security restrictions, manipulate certain data, disclose sensitive information, or compromise a user's system.
1) Multiple errors in the browser engine can be exploited to corrupt memory.
3) Multiple errors in the included liboggplay library can be exploited to corrupt memory.
4) An integer overflow error in the included Theora library can be exploited to cause a heap-based buffer overflow via a specially crafted video file.
5) An error in the implementation of the NTLM authentication protocol can be exploited to reflect the user's NTLM credentials to an arbitrary application.
6) An error when handling HTTP redirections to "https://" URLs can be exploited to incorrectly display SSL indicators for an insecure page.
7) An error when handling invalid URLs can be exploited to place an arbitrary and apparently legitimate URL in the location bar.
NOTE: This vulnerability can only be exploited via certain add-ons opening untrusted web content.
9) An error when generating "GeckoActiveXObject()" exception messages can be exploited to determine the presence of COM objects and potentially track a user across browsing sessions.
Solution: Update to version 3.0.16 or 3.5.6.
Provided and/or discovered by: The vendor credits:
1) Jesse Ruderman, Josh Soref, Martijn Wargers, Jose Angel, Olli Pettay, and Jeremy Lea
2) David Mandelin, Gary Kwong, Jason Orendorff, and Igor Bukanov
3) David Keeler and Bob Clary
4) Dan Kaminsky and David Keeler
5) Takehiro Takahashi of IBM X-Force
6) Jonathan Morgan
7) Jordi Chancel
8) David James
9) Gregory Fleischer
Original Advisory: Mozilla:
Do you have additional information related to this advisory?
Please provide information about patches, mitigating factors, new versions, exploits, faulty patches, links, and other relevant data by posting comments to this Advisory. You can also send this
information to email@example.com
Subject: Mozilla Firefox Multiple Vulnerabilities
No posts yet
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Secunia Customer Login
Not a customer already?
Learn more about how our market leading Vulnerability Management solutions can help you manage risk and ensure compliance.