Multiple vulnerabilities have been reported in IBM DB2, which can be exploited by malicious, local users to disclose sensitive information and perform certain actions with escalated privileges, and by malicious users to cause a DoS (Denial of Service), bypass certain security restrictions, disclose sensitive information, or compromise a vulnerable system.
1) An error in the "db2licm" utility can be exploited to perform restricted actions with escalated privileges.
For more information see vulnerability #2 in: SA37454
2) An error in the implementation of certain DB2 table functions can be exploited to cause a buffer overflow and potentially execute arbitrary code.
Successful exploitation of this vulnerability requires valid DB2 credentials.
3) An error when processing malformed db2ra client data streams for "Load" requests can be exploited to crash an affected server.
4) An unspecified error can be exploited to gain access to a sequence or global variable object without the USAGE privilege.
5) Incorrect file permissions are set for files in the /usr/sbin/rsct/sapolicies/db2 directory. This can be exploited to e.g. disclose potentially sensitive data.
6) An unspecified error can be exploited to crash an affected server by calling an SQL stored procedure.
7) An unspecified error can be exploited to disclose the password parameter of "SET ENCRYPTION PASSWORD".
Successful exploitation of this vulnerability requires the SYSADM, SYSCTRL, SYSMAINT, or SYSMON privilege.
8) An error when compiling SQL queries can be exploited to crash an affected server.
The vulnerabilities are reported in versions prior to 9.5 Fix Pack 5.
Do you have additional information related to this advisory?
Please provide information about patches, mitigating factors, new versions, exploits, faulty patches, links, and other relevant data by posting comments to this Advisory. You can also send this
information to email@example.com
Subject: IBM DB2 Multiple Vulnerabilities
No posts yet
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Secunia Customer Login
Not a customer already?
Learn more about how our market leading Vulnerability Management solutions can help you manage risk and ensure compliance.