Some vulnerabilities have been reported in Oracle Application Server, which can be exploited by malicious, local users to disclose sensitive information and by malicious people to disclose potentially sensitive information or manipulate certain data.
1) An error in the Access Manager Identity Server can be exploited to manipulate certain data.
2) An error in the Oracle Containers for J2EE component can be exploited to disclose potentially sensitive information.
3) An error in the Oracle Containers for J2EE component can be exploited to manipulate certain data.
4) An error in the Unzip component can be exploited by authenticated, local users to disclose potentially sensitive information.
The vulnerabilities are reported in the following products and versions:
* Oracle Application Server 10g Release 3 (10.1.3) versions 10.1.3.4.0, 10.1.3.5, and 10.1.3.5.1
* Oracle Application Server 10g Release 2 (10.1.2) version 10.1.2.3.0
* Oracle Access Manager versions 22.214.171.124, 10.1.4.2
Solution: Apply patches (please see the vendor's advisory for details).
Provided and/or discovered by: For the vulnerabilities fixed in the January Critical Patch Update, the vendor credits:
* Esteban Martinez Fayo, Application Security, Inc.
* Alexander Kornbrust, Red Database Security
* David Litchfield, NGS Software
* Brian Martin, INS.com
* Guy Pilosof, Sentrigo
* JPCERT/CC Vulnerability Handling Team
* Daiki Fukumori [Secure Sky Technology], JPCERT/CC Vulnerability Handling Team
* Dennis Yurichev
Original Advisory: http://www.oracle.com/technology/deploy/security/critical-patch-updates/cpujan2010.html
Do you have additional information related to this advisory?
Please provide information about patches, mitigating factors, new versions, exploits, faulty patches, links, and other relevant data by posting comments to this Advisory. You can also send this
information to email@example.com
Subject: Oracle Application Server Multiple Vulnerabilities
No posts yet
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Secunia Customer Login
Not a customer already?
Learn more about how our market leading Vulnerability Management solutions can help you manage risk and ensure compliance.