IBM has acknowledged some vulnerabilities in IBM WebSphere Application Server for z/OS, which can be exploited by malicious, local users to potentially disclose sensitive information and by malicious people to disclose potentially sensitive information, manipulate certain data, cause a DoS (Denial of Service), and potentially compromise a vulnerable system.
1) Sensitive information may be written to the trace log file in cleartext when full SIP (Session Initiation Protocol) tracing is enabled and users connect using Basic authentication.
2) An error in multi-threaded Multi-Processing Module (MPM) can be exploited to disclose potentially sensitive information.
For more information see vulnerability #3: SA38776
3) A vulnerability in the TLS protocol while handling session re-negotiations can be exploited to manipulate certain data.
For more information see vulnerability #1: SA37291
4) A vulnerability in mod_proxy_ajp module can be exploited to cause a DoS (Denial of Service).
For more information see vulnerability #1: SA38776
5) An error in mod_isapi module can be exploited to compromise a vulnerable system.
For more information see vulnerability #2: SA38776
NOTE: Certain sensitive information may also be disclosed when running in debugging mode using the "-trace" option.
Solution: Apply APAR PM12247 or Fix Pack 126.96.36.199.
Original Advisory: IBM (PM12247):
Do you have additional information related to this advisory?
Please provide information about patches, mitigating factors, new versions, exploits, faulty patches, links, and other relevant data by posting comments to this Advisory. You can also send this
information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: IBM WebSphere Application Server for z/OS Multiple Vulnerabilities
No posts yet
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Secunia Customer Login
Not a customer already?
Learn more about how our market leading Vulnerability Management solutions can help you manage risk and ensure compliance.