Multiple vulnerabilities have been reported in Google Chrome, where one has an unknown impact and others can be exploited by malicious people to conduct spoofing attacks and compromise a user's system.
1) An error related to the file dialog can be exploited to corrupt memory.
2) An error in the processing of SVG content can be exploited to corrupt memory.
3) A bad cast exists related to text editing.
4) An unspecified error allows e.g. spoofing the address bar.
5) An error in the MIME type handling can be exploited to corrupt memory.
6) An error within the notification causes a "critical crash" during shutdown.
7) The omnibox does not stop auto-suggestion when a user is about to enter a password.
8) An error in the Ruby support can be exploited to corrupt memory.
9) An error in the Geolocation support can be exploited to corrupt memory.
Solution: Update to version 5.0.375.127.
Provided and/or discovered by: The vendor credits:
1, 5, 6) Sergey Glazunov
2, 3) wushi of team509
4) Mike Taylor
7) Robert Hansen
8, 9) kuzzcc
Original Advisory: Google:
Do you have additional information related to this advisory?
Please provide information about patches, mitigating factors, new versions, exploits, faulty patches, links, and other relevant data by posting comments to this Advisory. You can also send this
information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Score: 2 Posts: 5 User Since: 15th Jul 2010 System Score: N/A Location: NL Last edited on 24th Aug, 2010 10:39
i found with google chrome the new tabs new additions and removal of older tabs on the front page too streamlined and frustrating.
continuous pop ups for Suggestions freezes in screen changes.
I prefer the original google it is not as bulky or confusing.
With IE and practically all browsers i see the increase in Advertising on the front page.
It more and more becomes like a TV channel!
I use only IE and google out from there for gmail and research as Bing is useless and slow as a wet hen and the info pages are limited.
Google chrome is a fad.
Stick with the original and use IE as a foundation browser for access and good connections while browsing from google.
Was this reply relevant?
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Secunia Customer Login
Not a customer already?
Learn more about how our market leading Vulnerability Management solutions can help you manage risk and ensure compliance.