HP has acknowledged a security issue and multiple vulnerabilities in HP System Management Homepage, where one has unknown impacts and others can be exploited by malicious people to disclose potentially sensitive information, conduct cross-site scripting attacks, conduct spoofing attacks, manipulate certain data, and cause a DoS (Denial of Service).
1) Certain unspecified input is not properly sanitised before being returned to the user. This can be exploited to execute arbitrary HTML and script code in a user's browser session in context of an affected site.
2) Certain unspecified input is not properly sanitised before being used in HTTP responses, which can be exploited to conduct HTTP response splitting attacks.
3) The mod_proxy_http Apache module does not properly handle certain timeout conditions, which can lead to responses being returned to the wrong users.
7) Input passed via the "Referer" HTTP header to hmaserv/common/setitem.php is not properly verified before being used to redirect users. This can be exploited to redirect a user to an arbitrary website when e.g. clicking a specially crafted link to an affected script hosted on a trusted domain.
8) A vulnerability is caused due to an unspecified error and can be exploited to disclose certain data.
9) Input passed via the "RedirectUrl" parameter to red2301.html is not properly verified before being used to redirect users. This can be exploited to redirect a user to an arbitrary website e.g. when a user clicks a specially crafted link to the affected script hosted on a trusted domain.
The vulnerabilities are reported in versions prior to 6.2.
Do you have additional information related to this advisory?
Please provide information about patches, mitigating factors, new versions, exploits, faulty patches, links, and other relevant data by posting comments to this Advisory. You can also send this
information to email@example.com
Subject: HP System Management Homepage Multiple Vulnerabilities
No posts yet
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Secunia Customer Login
Not a customer already?
Learn more about how our market leading Vulnerability Management solutions can help you manage risk and ensure compliance.