Some vulnerabilities have been reported in Poppler, which can be exploited by malicious people to cause a DoS (Denial of Service) and potentially compromise an application using the library.
1) An error in "Gfx::getPos()" can be exploited to dereference an uninitialised pointer.
2) An array indexing error exists when parsing Type1 fonts in "FoFiType1::parse()", which can be exploited to corrupt memory via a specially crafted PDF file.
3) Other vulnerabilities are caused due to e.g. memory leak errors, which can be exploited to cause a crash by e.g. tricking a user opening a specially crafted PDF file in an application using the library.
4) An error within the "Gfx" class when handling untrusted command streams can be exploited to cause a memory corruption by tricking a user into opening a specially crafted PDF file in an application using the library.
Solution: Update to version 0.16.0.
Provided and/or discovered by: 1-3) Joel Voss, Leviathan Security Group
4) David Benjamin. Security impact reported by Dan Rosenberg.
Do you have additional information related to this advisory?
Please provide information about patches, mitigating factors, new versions, exploits, faulty patches, links, and other relevant data by posting comments to this Advisory. You can also send this
information to email@example.com
Subject: Poppler Multiple Vulnerabilities
No posts yet
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Secunia Customer Login
Not a customer already?
Learn more about how our market leading Vulnerability Management solutions can help you manage risk and ensure compliance.