A vulnerability has been reported in various Barracuda products, which can be exploited by malicious users to disclose sensitive information.
Input passed to the "locale" parameter in cgi-mod/view_help.cgi is not properly verified before being used to display files. This can be exploited to disclose the contents of arbitrary files via directory traversal attacks and URL-encoded NULL bytes.
The following products and versions are reportedly affected:
* Barracuda IM Firewall 3.4.01.004 and earlier
* Barracuda Link Balancer 2.1.1.010 and earlier
* Barracuda Load Balancer 3.3.1.005 and earlier
* Barracuda Message Archiver 2.2.1.005 and earlier
* Barracuda Spam & Virus Firewall 4.1.2.006 and earlier
* Barracuda SSL VPN 1.7.2.004 and earlier
* Barracuda Web Application Firewall 7.4.0.022 and earlier
* Barracuda Web Filter 4.3.0.013 and earlier
Solution: Update to the latest available firmware release and enable security definitions.
Provided and/or discovered by: * The vendor credits Randy Janinda and Sanjeev Sinha, SecureWorks
* Reported in Barracuda Spam & Virus Firewall by ShadowHatesYou
Original Advisory: http://www.barracudanetworks.com/ns/support/tech_alert.php
Do you have additional information related to this advisory?
Please provide information about patches, mitigating factors, new versions, exploits, faulty patches, links, and other relevant data by posting comments to this Advisory. You can also send this
information to email@example.com