Some vulnerabilities have been reported in Bugzilla, which can be exploited by malicious users to conduct script insertion attacks and by malicious people to conduct HTTP response splitting attacks, cross-site request forgery attacks, and bypass certain security restrictions.
1) An unspecified error related to insufficiently random numbers can be exploited to gain access to a user's account.
2) Certain input is not properly sanitised before being returned to the user. This can be exploited to insert arbitrary HTTP headers, which will be included in a response sent to the user.
3) Input passed via the real name field of a user account is not properly sanitised before being used in the AutoComplete widget within the YUI component. This can be exploited to insert HTML and script code, which will be executed in a user's browser session in context of an affected site if malicious data is viewed.
4) The application allows users to perform certain actions via HTTP requests without performing proper validity checks to verify the requests. This can be exploited when a logged-in user visits a specially crafted web page.
5) Input passed via the summary field is not properly sanitised before being used in the DataTable widget within the YUI component. This can be exploited to insert HTML and script code, which will be executed in a user's browser session in context of an affected site if malicious data is viewed.
Solution: Update to version 3.2.10, 3.4.10, or 3.6.4.
Provided and/or discovered by: 1) Willem Pinckaers, Pine Digital Security
2) Michal Zalewski, Frédéric Buclin, and Max Kanat-Alexander
4) José A. Vázquez and Reed Loden
The vendor also credits:
* Anonymous ("mozilla11")
* Michael Brooks (Sitewatch)
* David Lawrence
* Mark Stosberg
* Byron Jones
* Guy Pyrzak
Original Advisory: Bugzilla:
Do you have additional information related to this advisory?
Please provide information about patches, mitigating factors, new versions, exploits, faulty patches, links, and other relevant data by posting comments to this Advisory. You can also send this
information to email@example.com
Subject: Bugzilla Multiple Vulnerabilities
No posts yet
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Secunia Customer Login
Not a customer already?
Learn more about how our market leading Vulnerability Management solutions can help you manage risk and ensure compliance.