Multiple vulnerabilities have been reported in Oracle Application Server, which can be exploited by malicious users to manipulate certain data, cause a DoS (Denial of Service), and compromise a vulnerable system and by malicious people to conduct HTTP response splitting attacks and cause a DoS (Denial of Service).
1) Some errors exists in the XML Parser within the XML Developer Kit:
For more information see vulnerabilities #7 and #9: SA45274
2) An error in the BPEL Console can be exploited by authenticated users to cause a DoS within the BPEL Process Manager.
3) An error exists in the Servlet Runtime in OC4J within the Oracle Containers for J2EE.
The vulnerabilities are reported in the following products:
* Oracle Application Server 10g Release 3, version 10.1.3.5.0.
* Oracle Application Server 10g Release 2, version 10.1.2.3.0.
Solution: Apply updates (please see the vendor's advisory for details).
Provided and/or discovered by: 3) Alexandr Polyakov, DSecRG.
It is currently unclear who reported these vulnerabilities as the Oracle Critical Patch Update for July 2011 only provides a bundled list of credits. This section will be updated when/if the original reporter provides more information.
Original Advisory: Oracle:
Do you have additional information related to this advisory?
Please provide information about patches, mitigating factors, new versions, exploits, faulty patches, links, and other relevant data by posting comments to this Advisory. You can also send this
information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: Oracle Application Server Multiple Vulnerabilities
No posts yet
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Secunia Customer Login
Not a customer already?
Learn more about how our market leading Vulnerability Management solutions can help you manage risk and ensure compliance.