Multiple vulnerabilities have been reported in Adobe Flash Player, which can be exploited by malicious people to conduct cross-site scripting attacks, bypass certain security restrictions, and compromise a user's system.
1) Certain unspecified input is not properly sanitised before being returned to the user. This can be exploited to execute arbitrary HTML and script code in a user's browser session in context of an affected site.
NOTE: This vulnerability is reportedly being actively exploited in targeted attacks.
2) An error within the ActionScript Virtual Machine 2 (AVM2) when handling a certain function parameters can be exploited to cause a stack-based buffer overflow.
3) An error within the ActionScript Virtual Machine (AVM) can be exploited to cause a stack-based buffer overflow.
4) A logic error can be exploited to corrupt memory.
5) An unspecified error can be exploited to bypass the security control and e.g. disclose certain sensitive information.
6) A logic error when streaming certain media can be exploited to corrupt memory.
The vulnerabilities are reported in the following products:
* Adobe Flash Player versions 10.3.183.7 and prior for Windows, Macintosh, Linux, and Solaris.
* Adobe Flash Player versions 10.3.186.6 and prior for Android.
Provided and/or discovered by: 1) Reported as a 0-day. The vendor additionally credits Google.
2) Bing Liu, Fortinet's FortiGuard Labs.
The vendor credits:
3) Yang Dingning, NCNIPC, Graduate University of Chinese Academy of Sciences.
4) Huzaifa Sidhpurwala, Red Hat Security Response Team.
5) Neil Bergman, Cigital.
6) Zrong, zengrong.net.
Original Advisory: Adobe:
Do you have additional information related to this advisory?
Please provide information about patches, mitigating factors, new versions, exploits, faulty patches, links, and other relevant data by posting comments to this Advisory. You can also send this
information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: Adobe Flash Player Multiple Vulnerabilities
No posts yet
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Secunia Customer Login
Not a customer already?
Learn more about how our market leading Vulnerability Management solutions can help you manage risk and ensure compliance.