Multiple vulnerabilities have been reported in Mozilla Firefox and Thunderbird, where one has an unknown impact and others can be exploited by malicious people to disclose sensitive information and compromise a user's system.
1) Some unspecified errors can be exploited to corrupt memory. No further information is currently available.
3) An error within the SVG implementation when SVG elements are removed during a DOMAttrModified event can be exploited to cause an out-of-bounds memory access.
5) An error within the plugin handler when deleting DOM frame can be exploited to dereference memory.
NOTE: This vulnerability only affects Mac OS X.
6) An error exists within the handling of OGG <video> elements.
Successful exploitation of vulnerabilities #1 - #3 and #5 may allow execution of arbitrary code.
Solution: Upgrade to version 9.0.
Provided and/or discovered by: 3) regenrecht via ZDI
The vendor credits:
1) Alexandre Poirot, Chris Blizzard, Kyle Huey, Scoobidiver, Christian Holler, David Baron, Gary Kwong, Jim Blandy, Bob Clary, Jesse Ruderman, Marcia Knous, and Rober Longson
2) Aki Helin
4) Mario Heiderich
5) Richard Bateman
Original Advisory: Mozilla:
Do you have additional information related to this advisory?
Please provide information about patches, mitigating factors, new versions, exploits, faulty patches, links, and other relevant data by posting comments to this Advisory. You can also send this
information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: Mozilla Firefox / Thunderbird Multiple Vulnerabilities
No posts yet
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Secunia Customer Login
Not a customer already?
Learn more about how our market leading Vulnerability Management solutions can help you manage risk and ensure compliance.