A vulnerability has been reported in multiple ABB products, which can be exploited by malicious people to compromise a vulnerable system.
The vulnerability is caused due to an error in RobNetScanHost.exe when parsing network packets containing opcode 0xA or 0xE and can be exploited to cause a stack-based buffer overflow via specially crafted packets sent to port 5512.
The vulnerability is reported in the following versions:
* RobotStudio, Robot Communications Runtime, PC SDK, and IRC5 OPC Server version 5.41.01 and prior.
* PickMaster 3 version 3.3 and prior.
* PickMaster 5 version 5.13 and prior.
* WebWare SDK and ABB Interlink Module versions 4.6 through 4.9.
* WebWare Server versions 4.6 through 4.91.
Solution: Update to a fixed version or apply patch (please see the vendor's advisory for details).
Provided and/or discovered by: Luigi Auriemma via ZDI.
Original Advisory: ABB:
Do you have additional information related to this advisory?
Please provide information about patches, mitigating factors, new versions, exploits, faulty patches, links, and other relevant data by posting comments to this Advisory. You can also send this
information to email@example.com