Multiple vulnerabilities have been reported in MantisBT, which an be exploited by malicious users to bypass certain security restrictions.
1) An error within the implementation of access restrictions of a manager of a project can be exploited to delete global categories for other projects.
2) An error within the "mci_check_login()" function (api/soap/mc_api.php) does not verify the password when a SOAP API is invoked and can be exploited to call SOAP methods of other projects by providing a NULL password.
3) An error within the implementation of access restrictions of a reporter can be exploited to delete bugs and bugnotes of other users.
4) An error within the "access_has_bug_level()" function does not properly verify the access level and can be exploited to view private bugs.
The vulnerabilities are reported in versions prior to 1.2.9.
Solution: Update to version 1.2.9.
Provided and/or discovered by: 1) spoidras in a bug report.
2) libregeek in a bug report.
3) Reported by the vendor.
4) Zonix in a bug report.
Original Advisory: http://www.mantisbt.org/bugs/changelog_page.php?version_id=140
Do you have additional information related to this advisory?
Please provide information about patches, mitigating factors, new versions, exploits, faulty patches, links, and other relevant data by posting comments to this Advisory. You can also send this
information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: MantisBT Multiple Vulnerabilities
No posts yet
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Secunia Customer Login
Not a customer already?
Learn more about how our market leading Vulnerability Management solutions can help you manage risk and ensure compliance.