Multiple vulnerabilities are reported in multiple IBM Rational products, which can be exploited by malicious users to disclose sensitive information and conduct session fixation and script insertion attacks and by malicious people to disclose sensitive information, overwrite arbitrary files, conduct cross-site request forgery and spoofing attacks, and compromise a vulnerable system.
1) An error in certain configurations can be exploited to download arbitrary files from local resources.
2) An error when the Integrated Windows authentication is enabled can be exploited to hijack the service account session.
3) An error when importing jobs can be exploited to disclose sensitive information.
4) An error when scanning FILE URIs can be exploited to disclose sensitive information.
5) An error in when creating scan jobs can be exploited to execute arbitrary code by tricking a user into scanning a malicious website.
6) The application does not properly verify uploaded file types, which can be exploited to execute arbitrary ASP.NET code by uploading an ASP.NET file.
7) The application's web interface allows users to perform certain actions via HTTP requests without performing any validity checks to verify the requests. This can be exploited to e.g. add administrator accounts by tricking a logged in user into visiting a malicious web site.
8) Certain unspecified input is not properly sanitised before being used. This can be exploited to insert arbitrary HTML and script code, which will be executed in a user's browser session in context of an affected site when the malicious data is being viewed.
9) An error in the Enterprise Console is not properly validating SSL certificates and can be exploited to conduct spoofing and Man-in-the-Middle (MitM) attacks.
10) The application bundles a vulnerable version of the ChilkatZip2 ActiveX control.
Do you have additional information related to this advisory?
Please provide information about patches, mitigating factors, new versions, exploits, faulty patches, links, and other relevant data by posting comments to this Advisory. You can also send this
information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: IBM Rational Products Multiple Vulnerabilities
No posts yet
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Secunia Customer Login
Not a customer already?
Learn more about how our market leading Vulnerability Management solutions can help you manage risk and ensure compliance.