A weakness, a security issue, and multiple vulnerabilities have been reported in HP Systems Insight Manager, which can be exploited by malicious, local users to potentially gain escalated privileges and by malicious people to disclose sensitive information, conduct cross-site scripting and cross-site request forgery attacks, bypass certain security restrictions, manipulate certain data, cause a DoS (Denial of Service), and compromise a vulnerable system.
1) The application bundles vulnerable versions of OpenSSL, Apache Tomcat, Java, Adobe Flash Player, Adobe LiveCycle, Adobe BlazeDS, and Adobe Flex.
2) An unspecified error can be exploited to gain unauthorized access. No further information is currently available.
3) Unspecified errors can potentially be exploited to gain escalated privileges. No further information is currently available.
4) The application allows users to perform certain actions via HTTP requests without performing any validity checks to verify the requests. This can be exploited to perform certain unspecified actions by tricking a logged in administrator into visiting a malicious web site.
5) Certain unspecified input is not properly verified before being used to redirect users. No further information is currently available.
The vulnerabilities are reported in versions prior to 7.0.
Solution: Upgrade to version 7.0.
Provided and/or discovered by: 2-5) Reported by the vendor.
Original Advisory: HPSBMU02769 SSRT100846:
Do you have additional information related to this advisory?
Please provide information about patches, mitigating factors, new versions, exploits, faulty patches, links, and other relevant data by posting comments to this Advisory. You can also send this
information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: HP Systems Insight Manager Multiple Vulnerabilities