Multiple vulnerabilities have been reported in RT, which can be exploited by malicious users to disclose potentially sensitive information, conduct SQL injection attacks, and bypass certain security restrictions and by malicious people to conduct cross-site scripting attacks, cross-site request forgery attacks, and compromise a vulnerable system.
1) An error within the handling of tickets can be exploited by disclose certain information.
2) Certain unspecified input is not properly sanitised before being returned to the user. This can be exploited to execute arbitrary HTML and script code in a user's browser session in context of an affected site.
3) An unspecified error can be exploited to disclose the correspondence history of a ticket.
4) The application allows users to perform certain actions via HTTP requests without performing any validity checks to verify the requests. This can be exploited to perform certain unspecified actions by tricking a logged in administrator into visiting a malicious web site.
5) An unspecified error can be exploited to execute arbitrary code.
Successful exploitation of this vulnerability requires that the VERP configuration options are enabled.
6) An error within the handling of access rights may lead to certain users in disabled groups gaining additional privileges.
7) Certain unspecified input is not properly sanitised before being used in SQL queries. This can be exploited to manipulate SQL queries by injecting arbitrary SQL code.
The vulnerabilities are reported in versions prior to 3.8.12 and 4.0.6.
Solution: Update to version 3.8.12 or 4.0.6.
Provided and/or discovered by: Reported by the vendor.
Original Advisory: http://lists.bestpractical.com/pipermail/rt-announce/2012-May/000202.html
Do you have additional information related to this advisory?
Please provide information about patches, mitigating factors, new versions, exploits, faulty patches, links, and other relevant data by posting comments to this Advisory. You can also send this
information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: RT Multiple Vulnerabilities
No posts yet
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Secunia Customer Login
Not a customer already?
Learn more about how our market leading Vulnerability Management solutions can help you manage risk and ensure compliance.