Multiple vulnerabilities have been reported in Google Chrome, where some have unknown impacts and others can be exploited by malicious people to compromise a user's system.
1) An unspecified error exists in the v8 garbage collection, which may result in a crash.
2) An out-of-bounds read error exists in Skia.
3) A use-after-free error exists in first-letter handling.
4) An error with websockets over SSL can be exploited to corrupt memory.
6) A use-after-free error exists in the browser cache.
7) A bad cast error exists in the GTK UI.
8) Some errors in the PDF handling can be exploited to cause out-of-bounds writes.
9) An invalid read error exists in v8.
10) A use-after-free error exists with encrypted PDF.
11) An invalid cast error exists with colorspace handling in PDF.
12) An error with PDF functions can be exploited to cause a buffer overflow.
13) A type corruption error exists in v8.
The vulnerabilities are reported in versions prior to 19.0.1084.52.
Solution: Update to version 19.0.1084.52.
Provided and/or discovered by: The vendor credits:
1) Brett Wilson, Chromium development community.
2) Inferno, Google Chrome Security Team.
4, 5) Dharani Govindan, Chromium development community.
7) Micha Bartholome.
8, 10-11) Mateusz Jurczyk, Google Security Team and Gynvael Coldwind, Google Security Team.
9, 13) Christian Holler.
12) scarybeasts, Google Chrome Security Team.
Original Advisory: http://googlechromereleases.blogspot.com/2012/05/stable-channel-update_23.html
Do you have additional information related to this advisory?
Please provide information about patches, mitigating factors, new versions, exploits, faulty patches, links, and other relevant data by posting comments to this Advisory. You can also send this
information to email@example.com
Subject: Google Chrome Multiple Vulnerabilities
No posts yet
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Secunia Customer Login
Not a customer already?
Learn more about how our market leading Vulnerability Management solutions can help you manage risk and ensure compliance.