Multiple vulnerabilities have been reported in Ushahidi, which can be exploited by malicious users to conduct script insertion and SQL injection attacks and by malicious people to disclose potentially sensitive information, bypass certain security restrictions, and conduct SQL injection attacks.
1) Input passed via multiple parameters to multiple scrips is not properly sanitised before being used in a SQL query. This can be exploited to manipulate SQL queries by injecting arbitrary SQL code.
List of affected scripts and parameters:
2) Missing authentication checks in application/libraries/api/MY_Email_Api_Object.php and application/libraries/api/MY_Comments_Api_Object.php when handling comments, reports, and email API calls can be exploited to access otherwise restricted functionality.
3) An error in application/libraries/api/MY_Comments_Api_Object.php when handling comments can be exploited to disclose potentially sensitive user details.
4) Input passed via the "page title" tag is not properly sanitised in application/views/admin/layout.php and themes/default/views/header.php before being used. This can be exploited to insert arbitrary HTML and script code, which will be executed in a user's browser session in context of an affected site if malicious data is viewed.
The vulnerabilities are reported in versions 2.4 and prior.
Solution: Fixed in the GIT repository. A version 2.5 is planned to be released to address the vulnerabilities.
Provided and/or discovered by: 1, 3) Reported by the vendor
The vendor also credits:
1) Timothy D. Morgan, Kees Cook, and postmodern
2) Kees Cook and Dennison Williams
4) Amy K. Farrell
Do you have additional information related to this advisory?
Please provide information about patches, mitigating factors, new versions, exploits, faulty patches, links, and other relevant data by posting comments to this Advisory. You can also send this
information to email@example.com
Subject: Ushahidi Multiple Vulnerabilities
No posts yet
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Secunia Customer Login
Not a customer already?
Learn more about how our market leading Vulnerability Management solutions can help you manage risk and ensure compliance.