Some vulnerabilities have been reported in TYPO3, which can be exploited by malicious users to conduct script insertion attacks, disclose sensitive information, and compromise a vulnerable system and by malicious people to conduct cross-site scripting attacks.
1) Input passed via a certain parameter to script view_help.php is not properly verified before being used in an "unserialize()" call and can be exploited to execute arbitrary PHP code via a specially crafted serialised object.
2) Certain input passed to the backend is not properly sanitised before being used. This can be exploited to insert arbitrary HTML and script code, which will be executed in a user's browser session in context of an affected site if malicious data is viewed.
Successful exploitation of the vulnerabilities #1 and #2 requires backend user permissions.
3) An unspecified error when accessing the configuration module can be exploited to disclose the encryption key.
Successful exploitation of this vulnerability requires backend user permissions with access to the configuration module.
The vulnerabilities are reported in versions 4.5.0 through 4.5.18, 4.6.0 through 4.6.11, and 4.7.0 through 4.7.3.
Solution: Update to version 4.5.19, 4.6.12, or 4.7.4.
Provided and/or discovered by: 1) The vendor credits Felix Wilhelm.
2) Reported by the vendor.
3) The vendor credits Mario Rimann.
4) The vendor credits Andreas Schnapp and Christian Nösterer.
The vendor also credits:
2) Pavel Vaysband
Original Advisory: TYPO3-CORE-SA-2012-004:
Do you have additional information related to this advisory?
Please provide information about patches, mitigating factors, new versions, exploits, faulty patches, links, and other relevant data by posting comments to this Advisory. You can also send this
information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: TYPO3 Multiple Vulnerabilities
No posts yet
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Secunia Customer Login
Not a customer already?
Learn more about how our market leading Vulnerability Management solutions can help you manage risk and ensure compliance.