A security issue and multiple vulnerabilities have been reported in IBM InfoSphere Guardium, which can be exploited by malicious users to disclose certain sensitive information and conduct SQL injection attacks and by malicious people to conduct cross-site scripting and request forgery attacks.
1) The application allows users to perform certain actions via HTTP requests without performing any validity checks to verify the requests. This can be exploited to e.g. create an administrative account if a logged-in administrative user visits a malicious web site.
2) The application stores database credentials in plain-text, which can be exploited to disclose the credentials via the datasource definition editor.
Successful exploitation of this vulnerability requires that "save password" is enabled.
3) Unspecified errors can be exploited to disclose the database password via an error report by sending specially crafted XML data including external entity references.
4) Certain unspecified input is not properly sanitised before being used in a SQL query. This can be exploited to manipulate SQL queries by injecting arbitrary SQL code.
5) Certain unspecified input is not properly sanitised before being returned to the user. This can be exploited to execute arbitrary HTML and script code in a user's browser session in context of an affected site.
The vulnerabilities are reported in versions 8.2 and prior.
Solution: Enable CSRF filtering and apply patch v8.2p100.
Provided and/or discovered by: 1-2) The vendor credits Positive Technologies.
3-5) Reported by the vendor.
Do you have additional information related to this advisory?
Please provide information about patches, mitigating factors, new versions, exploits, faulty patches, links, and other relevant data by posting comments to this Advisory. You can also send this
information to email@example.com
Subject: IBM InfoSphere Guardium Multiple Vulnerabilities
No posts yet
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Secunia Customer Login
Not a customer already?
Learn more about how our market leading Vulnerability Management solutions can help you manage risk and ensure compliance.