Multiple vulnerabilities have been reported in Google Chrome, where some have an unknown impact and others can be exploited by malicious people to conduct cross-site scripting attacks and compromise a user's system.
1) An out-of-bounds read error exists when handling line breaks.
2) A bad cast error exists within run-ins.
3) A race condition error exists when handling XMLHttpRequest calls.
4) An error when loading URLs can be exploited to cause a stale buffer.
5) A bad cast error exists when handling XSL transforms.
6) An error when handling certain SSL data can be exploited to cause a cross-site scripting attack.
The vulnerabilities are reported in versions prior to 21.0.1180.89.
Solution: Update to version 21.0.1180.89.
Provided and/or discovered by: The vendor credits:
1, 2, 3) miaubiz
4) Fermin Serna, Google Security Team
5) Nicolas Gregoire
6) Emmanuel Bronshtein
Original Advisory: http://googlechromereleases.blogspot.com/2012/08/stable-channel-update_30.html
Do you have additional information related to this advisory?
Please provide information about patches, mitigating factors, new versions, exploits, faulty patches, links, and other relevant data by posting comments to this Advisory. You can also send this
information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: Google Chrome Multiple Vulnerabilities
No posts yet
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Secunia Customer Login
Not a customer already?
Learn more about how our market leading Vulnerability Management solutions can help you manage risk and ensure compliance.