Multiple vulnerabilities have been reported in Cumin, which can be exploited by malicious users to bypass certain security restrictions, conduct SQL injection attacks, and cause a DoS (Denial of Service) and by malicious people to disclose potentially sensitive information, conduct brute force, cross-site scripting, and cross-site request forgery attacks.
1) A weakness in the session keys generation functionality may result in keys being predictable.
2) Access to web pages, export functionality, and image viewing is not properly restricted and can be exploited to view potentially sensitive content.
3) Certain unspecified input is not properly sanitised before being returned to the user. This can be exploited to execute arbitrary HTML and script code in a user's browser session in context of an affected site.
4) Input passed via the agent variable is not properly sanitised before being used in a SQL query. This can be exploited to manipulate SQL queries by injecting arbitrary SQL code.
5) An error when handling requests for images can be exploited to cause an out-of-memory condition by requesting an overly large image size.
6) The application allows users to perform certain actions via HTTP requests without performing any validity checks to verify the requests. This can be exploited to e.g. execute a command if a logged-in user visits a malicious web site.
7) An error exists related to job attribute changes.
For more information see vulnerability #1: SA50666
Solution: Fixed in the source code repository.
Provided and/or discovered by: Florian Weimer, the Red Hat Product Security Team
Original Advisory: Red Hat:
Do you have additional information related to this advisory?
Please provide information about patches, mitigating factors, new versions, exploits, faulty patches, links, and other relevant data by posting comments to this Advisory. You can also send this
information to email@example.com
Subject: Cumin Multiple Vulnerabilities
No posts yet
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Secunia Customer Login
Not a customer already?
Learn more about how our market leading Vulnerability Management solutions can help you manage risk and ensure compliance.