A security issue and some vulnerabilities have been reported in Liferay Portal, which can be exploited by malicious users to conduct script insertion attacks and bypass certain security restrictions and by malicious people to bypass certain security restrictions.
1) An error when handling organization permissions can be exploited to change the password of an omni-admin if the omni-admin is a member of an organization.
Successful exploitation of security issue requires organization administrator permissions.
2) Input passed via the comments field when requesting membership to a restricted site is not properly sanitised before being displayed to the user. This can be exploited to insert arbitrary HTML and script code, which will be executed in a user's browser session in context of an affected site.
3) The application does not properly restrict access to the private announcements from private sites and can be exploited to view otherwise restricted announcements via a specially crafted URL to edit announcements.
4) An error when handling certain permissions can be exploited to delete arbitrary user accounts.
Successful exploitation of this vulnerability requires knowledge of the user's email address.
The security issue and the vulnerabilities are reported in versions prior to 6.1 CE GA2 (6.1.1).
Solution: Update to version 6.1 CE GA2 (6.1.1).
Provided and/or discovered by: The vendor credits:
1) Matthew Kong
2) Kalman Vincze
3) Norbert Kocsis and Samuel Kong
4) Amos Fong
Original Advisory: Liferay (LPS-30093, LPS-29338, LPS-29148, LPS-30586):
Do you have additional information related to this advisory?
Please provide information about patches, mitigating factors, new versions, exploits, faulty patches, links, and other relevant data by posting comments to this Advisory. You can also send this
information to email@example.com
Subject: Liferay Portal Multiple Vulnerabilities
No posts yet
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Secunia Customer Login
Not a customer already?
Learn more about how our market leading Vulnerability Management solutions can help you manage risk and ensure compliance.