Multiple vulnerabilities have been reported in IBM Java, which can be exploited by malicious people to bypass certain security restrictions and compromise a user's system.
1) An error in the "invoke()" method (java.lang.reflect.Method) can be exploited to bypass the sandbox.
2) An error in the "getDeclaredMethods()" (java.lang.Class) and "setAccessible()" ("java.lang.reflect.AccessibleObject") methods can be exploited to bypass the sandbox.
3) Some errors in unspecified methods within the "java.lang.class" class can be exploited to bypass the sandbox.
4) An error in the "defineClass()" method (java.lang.ClassLoder) can be exploited to bypass the sandbox.
5) An unspecified error exists in the CORBA component.
Fore more information see vulnerability #7 in: SA52064
Successful exploitation of the vulnerabilities may allow execution of arbitrary Java code.
The vulnerabilities are reported in the following versions:
* Java 7 SR2 and earlier.
* Java 6.0.1 SR3 and earlier.
* Java 6 SR11 and earlier.
* Java 5 SR14 and earlier.
* Java 1.4.2 SR13-FP13 and earlier.
Solution: Update to version 7 SR3, 6.0.1 SR4, 6 SR12, 5 SR15, or 1.4.2 SR13-FP14.
Provided and/or discovered by: Reported by the vendor.
Original Advisory: IBM (IV29654, IV29659, IV29665, IV29687, PM75492):
Do you have additional information related to this advisory?
Please provide information about patches, mitigating factors, new versions, exploits, faulty patches, links, and other relevant data by posting comments to this Advisory. You can also send this
information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: IBM Java Multiple Vulnerabilities
No posts yet
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Secunia Customer Login
Not a customer already?
Learn more about how our market leading Vulnerability Management solutions can help you manage risk and ensure compliance.