Multiple vulnerabilities have been reported in Asterisk, which can be exploited by malicious users to cause a DoS (Denial of Service) and by malicious people to cause a DoS (Denial of Service) and compromise a vulnerable system.
1) An error within the "ast_http_get_post_vars()" function (main/http.c) when parsing HTTP POST parameters can be exploited to corrupt stack memory.
Successful exploitation of this vulnerability may allow execution of arbitrary code.
2) Some errors within channels/chan_sip.c when handling SIP packets can be exploited to crash the service.
3) An error within the "acf_jabberreceive_read()" function (res/res_jabber.c) when handling XMPP messages can be exploited to cause a stack overflow and crash the service.
4) An error when handling device state caches can be exploited to consume excessive system resources.
The vulnerabilities are reported in versions 1.8.x, 10.x, and 11.x.
Solution: Update to version 22.214.171.124, 10.11.1, or 11.1.2.
Provided and/or discovered by: 1) Independently reported by Walter Doekes and Brandon Edwards, Exodus Intelligence
2, 3) The vendor credits Walter Doekes
4) The vendor credits Russell Bryant
Original Advisory: Asterisk:
Do you have additional information related to this advisory?
Please provide information about patches, mitigating factors, new versions, exploits, faulty patches, links, and other relevant data by posting comments to this Advisory. You can also send this
information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: Asterisk Multiple Vulnerabilities
No posts yet
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Secunia Customer Login
Not a customer already?
Learn more about how our market leading Vulnerability Management solutions can help you manage risk and ensure compliance.