Multiple vulnerabilities have been reported in Oracle Solaris, which can be exploited by malicious, local users to disclose potentially sensitive information, manipulate certain data, cause a DoS (Denial of Service), and gain escalated privileges.
1) An error within the filesystem/cachefs subcomponent can be exploited to gain escalated privileges.
2) An error within the Utility/Umount subcomponent can be exploited to gain escalated privileges.
Vulnerabilities #1 and #2 are reported in Oracle Solaris 9 and 10.
3) An error within the Postinstall script for the Bind package can be exploited to gain escalated privileges.
4) An error within the Kernel/DTrace Framework subcomponent can be exploited to cause a DoS.
This vulnerability is reported in Oracle Solaris 10 and 11.
5) An error within the Install/smpatch subcomponent can be exploited to read, update, insert, or delete certain Solaris accessible data.
Vulnerabilities #3 and #5 are reported in Oracle Solaris 10.
6) An error within the Utility/ksh93 subcomponent can be exploited to update, insert, or delete certain Solaris accessible data and cause a DoS.
7) An error within the kernel can be exploited to cause a crash.
Vulnerabilities #6 and #7 are reported in Oracle Solaris 11.
Solution: Apply patches (please see the vendor's advisory for details).
Provided and/or discovered by: It is currently unclear who reported the vulnerabilities as the Oracle Critical Patch Update for January 2013 only provides a bundled list of credits. This section will be updated when/if the original reporter provides more information.
Original Advisory: Oracle:
Do you have additional information related to this advisory?
Please provide information about patches, mitigating factors, new versions, exploits, faulty patches, links, and other relevant data by posting comments to this Advisory. You can also send this
information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: Oracle Solaris Multiple Vulnerabilities
No posts yet
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Secunia Customer Login
Not a customer already?
Learn more about how our market leading Vulnerability Management solutions can help you manage risk and ensure compliance.