A weakness and multiple vulnerabilities have been reported in Apple iOS, which can be exploited by malicious, local users and malicious people with physical access to bypass certain security restrictions and by malicious people to compromise a vulnerable device.
1) A logic error error when handling emergency calls in the lock screen can be exploited to bypass the lock feature and e.g. disclose contact information or conduct phone calls.
2) A state management error when handling Mach-O executable files with overlapping segments in dyld can be exploited to bypass certain device restrictions and execute unsigned code.
3) An error when handling the change of permissions during a restore from a backup within Lockdown can be exploited to bypass certain device restrictions and change permissions of arbitrary files via symbolic link attacks.
4) An error when handling pipe object pointers in the IOUSBDeviceFamily driver can be exploited to bypass certain device restrictions by piping userspace object pointers and execute arbitrary code with kernel privileges.
5) An invalid cast error exists in the handling of SVG files within WebKit.
Provided and/or discovered by: 1) videosdebarraquito within a YouTube video. The vendor additionally credits Christopher Heffley, theMedium.ca.
2, 3, 4) The vendor credits evad3rs.
5) Originally reported by Nils and Jon Butler, MWR InfoSecurity within Google Chrome.
Original Advisory: APPLE-SA-2013-03-19-1:
Do you have additional information related to this advisory?
Please provide information about patches, mitigating factors, new versions, exploits, faulty patches, links, and other relevant data by posting comments to this Advisory. You can also send this
information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: Apple iOS Multiple Vulnerabilities
No posts yet
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Secunia Customer Login
Not a customer already?
Learn more about how our market leading Vulnerability Management solutions can help you manage risk and ensure compliance.