A vulnerability has been reported in DeltaV, which can be exploited by malicious people to cause a DoS (Denial of Service).
The vulnerability is caused due to an error when processing certain packets and can be exploited to restart the controller.
The vulnerability is reported in the following versions:
* DeltaV SE3006 SD Plus Controller versions 11.3.1 and prior.
* DeltaV VE3005 Controller MD Hardware versions 10.3.1 and prior.
* DeltaV VE3005 Controller MD Hardware versions 11.3.1 and prior.
* DeltaV VE3006 Controller MD PLUS Hardware versions 10.3.1 and prior.
* DeltaV VE3006 Controller MD PLUS Hardware versions 11.3.1 and prior.
Solution: Apply hotfix (please see vendor's advisory for details).
Provided and/or discovered by: ICS-CERT credits Joel Langill.
Original Advisory: ICS-CERT:
Do you have additional information related to this advisory?
Please provide information about patches, mitigating factors, new versions, exploits, faulty patches, links, and other relevant data by posting comments to this Advisory. You can also send this
information to email@example.com
Subject: Emerson DeltaV Denial of Service Vulnerability
No posts yet
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Secunia Customer Login
Not a customer already?
Learn more about how our market leading Vulnerability Management solutions can help you manage risk and ensure compliance.