Multiple vulnerabilities have been discovered in Dotclear, which can be exploited by malicious users to conduct script insertion attacks and by malicious people to conduct spoofing and cross-site scripting attacks.
1) The application bundles a vulnerable version of swfupload.
2) Input passed via the "onclick" and "ondoubleclick" parameters to inc/swf/player_flv.swf is not properly sanitised before being returned to the user. This can be exploited to execute arbitrary HTML and script code in a user's browser session in the context of an affected site.
3) Input passed via the "config" and "configxml" parameters to inc/swf/player_flv.swf and inc/swf/player_mp3.swf is not properly sanitised before being used to read configuration data. This can be exploited to spoof the player configuration.
4) Input passed via the "flv" parameter to inc/swf/player_flv.swf and the "mp3" parameter to inc/swf/player_mp3.swf is not properly sanitised before being used to stream content. This can be exploited to spoof the content.
5) Input passed via the "user_displayname" POST parameter to admin/preferences.php is not properly sanitised before being used. This can be exploited to insert arbitrary HTML and script code, which will be executed in a user's browser session in context of an affected site when the malicious data is being viewed.
The vulnerabilities are confirmed in version 2.5. Other versions may also be affected.
Solution: No official solution is currently available.
Do you have additional information related to this advisory?
Please provide information about patches, mitigating factors, new versions, exploits, faulty patches, links, and other relevant data by posting comments to this Advisory. You can also send this
information to email@example.com
Subject: Dotclear Multiple Vulnerabilities
No posts yet
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Secunia Customer Login
Not a customer already?
Learn more about how our market leading Vulnerability Management solutions can help you manage risk and ensure compliance.