Multiple vulnerabilities have been reported in Puppet, which can be exploited by malicious users to disclose potentially sensitive information and compromise a vulnerable system and by malicious people to compromise a vulnerable system.
1) An unspecified error exists when invoking the "template" or "inline_template" functions while responding to a catalog request and can be exploited to execute arbitrary code via a specially crafted catalog request.
2) An input validation error exists in the application and can be exploited to e.g. gain unauthorized access to arbitrary catalogs from the master.
3) An unspecified error exists in the application and can be exploited to execute arbitrary code on agents via a specially crafted HTTP request.
Successful exploitation of this vulnerability requires listening for incoming connections and permission to access the "run" REST endpoint (disabled by default).
4) An error when handling serialized attributes can be exploited to execute arbitrary code.
5) An unspecified error exists in the application and can be exploited to execute arbitrary code via a specially crafted HTTP PUT request.
Successful exploitation of this vulnerability on an agent requires "puppet kick" to be enabled.
Please see the vendor's advisories for a list of affected versions.
Do you have additional information related to this advisory?
Please provide information about patches, mitigating factors, new versions, exploits, faulty patches, links, and other relevant data by posting comments to this Advisory. You can also send this
information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: Puppet Multiple Vulnerabilities
No posts yet
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Secunia Customer Login
Not a customer already?
Learn more about how our market leading Vulnerability Management solutions can help you manage risk and ensure compliance.