Two vulnerabilities have been reported in LibRaw, which can be exploited by malicious people to potentially compromise an application using the library.
1) A double-free error exists when handling damaged full-color within Foveon and sRAW files.
2) An error during exposure correction can be exploited to cause a buffer overflow.
Successful exploitation may allow execution of arbitrary code.
The vulnerabilities are reported in the following products and versions:
* LibRaw versions prior to 0.15.2.
* LibRaw-demosaic-pack-GPL2 versions prior to 0.15.2.
* LibRaw-demosaic-pack-GPL3 versions prior to 0.15.2.
Solution: Update to version 0.15.2.
Provided and/or discovered by: Reported by the vendor.
Original Advisory: http://www.libraw.org/news/libraw-0-15-1
Do you have additional information related to this advisory?
Please provide information about patches, mitigating factors, new versions, exploits, faulty patches, links, and other relevant data by posting comments to this Advisory. You can also send this
information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: LibRaw Double-Free and Buffer Overflow Vulnerabilities
No posts yet
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Secunia Customer Login
Not a customer already?
Learn more about how our market leading Vulnerability Management solutions can help you manage risk and ensure compliance.