Multiple vulnerabilities have been reported in HP ProCurve Manager, which can be exploited by malicious people to conduct SQL injection attacks and compromise a vulnerable system.
1) The application bundles a vulnerable version of MySQL.
For more information see vulnerability #1 in: SA14547
This vulnerability is reported in versions 3.x and 4.00.
2) An error within the Agent servlet can be exploited to inject and execute arbitrary commands within the context of the SYSTEM user by sending a specially crafted HEAD HTTP request.
This vulnerability is reported in versions 3.20 and 4.00.
3) Input passed via the "fileName" parameter to the UpdateCertificatesServlet servlet is not properly verified before being used to upload files. This can be exploited to upload and execute arbitrary JSP code.
4) Input passed via the "adCert" parameter to the UpdateDomainControllerServlet servlet is not properly verified before being used to upload files. This can be exploited to upload and execute arbitrary JSP code.
5) An error within the EJBInvokerServlet and JMXInvokerServlet servlets when handling a marshalled object can be exploited to install an arbitrary application and execute arbitrary code within the context of the SYSTEM user.
6) Input passed via the "dir" and "sort" parameters to the GetEventsServlet servlet is not properly sanitised before being used in a SQL query. This can be exploited to manipulate SQL queries by injecting arbitrary SQL code.
NOTE: This vulnerability can further be exploited to execute arbitrary code within the context of the SYSTEM user.
The vulnerabilities #3 through #6 are reported in Identity Driven Manager version 4.00.
Solution: Update to a fixed version or apply the vendor's workaround.
Do you have additional information related to this advisory?
Please provide information about patches, mitigating factors, new versions, exploits, faulty patches, links, and other relevant data by posting comments to this Advisory. You can also send this
information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: HP ProCurve Manager Multiple Vulnerabilities
No posts yet
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Secunia Customer Login
Not a customer already?
Learn more about how our market leading Vulnerability Management solutions can help you manage risk and ensure compliance.