A security issues and multiple vulnerabilities have been reported in cPanel, which can be exploited by malicious, local users to bypass certain security restrictions and gain escalated privileges and by malicious users to disclose potentially sensitive information, conduct script insertion attacks, manipulate certain data, bypass certain security restrictions, and potentially compromise a vulnerable system.
1) An error when handling Mailman Python pickle files can be exploited to execute arbitrary code with elevated privileges.
2) Input passed via the "logaholic_lang" HTTP cookie to the Logaholic interface is not properly verified before being used to include files. This can be exploited to include arbitrary files via directory traversal sequences and potentially execute arbitrary PHP code.
3) An error when handling file uploads can be exploited to disclose the contents of arbitrary files or delete arbitrary files via directory traversal sequences.
4) An error when removing unused uploaded files can be exploited to delete arbitrary files via directory traversal sequences.
5) Certain input related to the translation system is not properly sanitised before being used. This can be exploited to insert arbitrary HTML and script code, which will be executed in a user's browser session in context of an affected site when the malicious data is being viewed in the draft messages section.
Successful exploitation of this vulnerability requires a reseller account with the "locale-edit" ACL.
6) An error within the Configure Customer Contact interface can be exploited to bypass certain security restrictions related to Jailshell access.
7) The application bundles a vulnerable version of Dovecot.
Do you have additional information related to this advisory?
Please provide information about patches, mitigating factors, new versions, exploits, faulty patches, links, and other relevant data by posting comments to this Advisory. You can also send this
information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: cPanel Multiple Vulnerabilities
No posts yet
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Secunia Customer Login
Not a customer already?
Learn more about how our market leading Vulnerability Management solutions can help you manage risk and ensure compliance.