Some vulnerabilities have been reported in Google Chrome, where some have an unspecified impact and others can be exploited by malicious people to disclose potentially sensitive information and compromise a user's system.
1) An unspecified error exists related to relative paths in Windows sandbox named pipe policy.
2) A use-after-free error related to web contents can be exploited to cause memory corruption.
3) An unspecified error exists related to type casting in SVG.
4) A use-after-free error related to layout can be exploited to cause memory corruption.
5) An error in XSS auditor can be exploited to disclose certain information.
6) Another error in XSS auditor can be exploited to disclose certain information.
7) Another use-after-free error related to layout can be exploited to cause memory corruption.
8) An unspecified error exists in certificates validation in TLS handshake.
9) An error in drag and drop can be exploited to disclose unspecified information.
10) Some unspecified errors exist. No further information is currently available.
Successful exploitation of vulnerabilities #2, #4, and #7 may allow execution of arbitrary code.
The vulnerabilities are reported in versions prior to 33.0.1750.117.
Solution: Upgrade to version 33.0.1750.117.
Provided and/or discovered by: 10) Reported by the vendor.
The vendor credits:
2) Khalil Zhani.
4, 7) cloudfuzzer.
5, 6) NeexEmil.
8) Antoine Delignat-Lavaud and Karthikeyan Bhargavan, Prosecco, Inria Paris.
Original Advisory: http://googlechromereleases.blogspot.com/2014/02/stable-channel-update_20.html
Do you have additional information related to this advisory?
Please provide information about patches, mitigating factors, new versions, exploits, faulty patches, links, and other relevant data by posting comments to this Advisory. You can also send this
information to email@example.com
Subject: Google Chrome Multiple Vulnerabilities
No posts yet
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Secunia Customer Login
Not a customer already?
Learn more about how our market leading Vulnerability Management solutions can help you manage risk and ensure compliance.