A weakness and multiple vulnerabilities have been reported in HP Service Manager, which can be exploited by malicious people to disclose potentially sensitive information, hijack a user's session, conduct cross-site scripting and request forgery attacks, bypass certain security restrictions, and compromise a user's system.
1) Certain unspecified input is not properly sanitised before being returned to the user. This can be exploited to execute arbitrary HTML and script code in a user's browser session in context of an affected site.
2) The application allows users to perform certain actions via HTTP requests without performing any validity checks to verify the requests. This can be exploited to perform unspecified actions if a logged-in administrative user visits a malicious web site.
3) An unspecified error exists, which can be exploited to execute arbitrary code. No further information is currently available.
4) An unspecified error exists, which can be exploited to gain access to otherwise restricted part of the application. No further information is currently available.
5) An unspecified error exists, which can be exploited to disclose certain data.
The weakness and vulnerabilities are reported in versions 9.30, 9.31, 9.32, and 9.33.
Solution: Apply patch (please see the vendor's advisory for details).
Provided and/or discovered by: Reported by the vendor.
Original Advisory: HPSBMU02964 SSRT101437:
Do you have additional information related to this advisory?
Please provide information about patches, mitigating factors, new versions, exploits, faulty patches, links, and other relevant data by posting comments to this Advisory. You can also send this
information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: HP Service Manager Multiple Vulnerabilities
No posts yet
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Secunia Customer Login
Not a customer already?
Learn more about how our market leading Vulnerability Management solutions can help you manage risk and ensure compliance.