Secunia today announced their Security Factsheets, designed for those who are interested in understanding the historical development of advisories and vulnerabilities in various programs.
Released quarterly, the factsheets present data in a standardized format and outline the development in advisories and vulnerabilities for a specific application, system, or a plug-in.
For each specific program, the factsheet provides the reader with:
- Cumulative number of advisories of the two recent 12 month periods (YoY)
- Cumulative number of vulnerabilities of the two recent 12 month periods
- Attack vector in # of advisories
- Criticality in # of advisories
- Classification of the impact of successful exploitation on the affected system
- Solution status at the day of advisory disclosure
- Time to patch for advisories disclosed and patched in the last 24 months.
To read the complete article, please visit HelpNet at: Security Factsheets: A new look at vulnerability data