Forum Thread:

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
All Threads

This user no longer exists
Member 1st Jan, 1970 01:00
Ranking: 0
User Since: 1st Jan, 1970
System Score: N/A
Last edited on 1st Jan, 1970 01:00

tucondojo RE: New PC Cleaner
Member 9th Jul, 2011 21:29
Score: 1
User Since: 9th Jun 2011
System Score: 100%
Warnning do not hit that link that this person has for new PC Cleaner takes you to bad site.....Don't hit Link
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Leendert Kip New PC Cleaner
Member 9th Jul, 2011 21:44
Score: 89
User Since: 22nd Jan 2009
Last edited on 9th Jul, 2011 21:47
on 9th Jul, 2011 21:29, tucondojo wrote:
Warnning do not hit that link that this person has for new PC Cleaner takes you to bad site.....Don't hit Link

Why do you think it's a bad site? I didn't see anything wrong except the fact that my first thought was that it's a product of www.wisecleaner.com. A little further investigation tells me that it's not the case. But I didn't see any bad things.

--
PC: PWA Computers
Intel Core I3 2100 3.1Ghz
Kingston DDR3 ValueRam 4GB 1333
Kinston SSD SV300S 240GB
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bits SP1
Secunia PSI 3.0.0.11005
Internet Explorer 11
Mozilla Firefox 47.0.1NL

Laptop: MSI GT780DX
Intel Core I5-2450
DDR3 RAM 6GB
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bits SP1
Secunia PSI 3.0.0.11005
Internet Explorer 11
Mozilla Firefox 47.0.1NL
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 9th Jul, 2011 22:24
Well when i clicked on the link i got a big warnimg notice from WOT informming me that this a not a good link.....if WOT warns me to stay clear i follow there addvice that all maybe it is a wise site.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Anthony Wells RE: New PC Cleaner
Expert Contributor 9th Jul, 2011 22:55
Score: 2493
User Since: 19th Dec 2007

Hi ,

I would never use a cleaner software programme unless I was 110% sure of it's origin and probably not then either ; giving a "well meaning" stranger access to your PC and abdicating your "cleaning" rights to the stranger is a very bizarre approach to security of your system never mind what other damage might be caused :(((

Having said that I do clean out old/temp files and other dross with a well known free cleaner programme that I have learned to trust :)))

The original post is spam and probably a click through or something similar ; having said that , my seven site advisors (including WOT) all say green for the webpage using the posted hyperlink :ie: they find no danger on that webpage .

As for buying what is on offer , Caveat Emptor .

Take (extra) care

Anthony

--

It always seems impossible until its done.
Nelson Mandela
Was this reply relevant?
+1

emerson18

RE: New PC Cleaner
[+]
This reply has been minimised due to a negative Relevancy Score.
Member 10th Jul, 2011 00:02
Look! I was simply saying what happen to me when i clicked the link i got the WOT warning. I think someone might have gave a reason why that happen. I ensure you my intent was in no way or fashion to question your character or your morals I'm sure you are the pillar of your community, i beg of thee to forgive and have mercy on me and kind of the penance you must now lay out for me.
Was this reply relevant?
+0

emerson18

RE: New PC Cleaner
[+]
This reply has been minimised due to a negative Relevancy Score.
Anthony Wells RE: New PC Cleaner
Expert Contributor 10th Jul, 2011 00:19
Score: 2493
User Since: 19th Dec 2007

Hi,

on 9th Jul, 2011 23:33, emerson18 wrote:
How could you say that this is a bad link. The other had saw this too, and yes this is a product of this wisecleaner.com And they had a really great software. If i am lying, what will i get posting this link?
I respect your opinion. but please do not give back negative opinions without a proof of what you say.

Thanks bro,

If you are an affiliate promoting this cleaner via Clickbank then you will earn commission .

Foxth Software Co., Ltd (which may or may not be related to Hise Software) are the publishers of the software but are not so easy to track down ; such lack of info would put my confidence in the product at -ve value .

The original post with the hyperlink is classed as spam on this Forum .

Still take care

Anthony

--

It always seems impossible until its done.
Nelson Mandela
Was this reply relevant?
+1
Member 10th Jul, 2011 00:26
OK it's all good .....and thank you. Good Karma to you!

tonickojo
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Maurice Joyce RE: New PC Cleaner
Handling Contributor 10th Jul, 2011 01:16
Score: 12073
User Since: 4th Jan 2009
Last edited on 10th Jul, 2011 01:19
I agree 100% with Anthony. This looks like a classic case of spam given that this Forum can be used for:

The Secunia Community Forum is the place where Secunia users and community members can share knowledge and discuss on topics such as - patching, product updates, vulnerability threats, exploits, and anything that is IT security related.

So I can make a balanced decision on whether to completely delete the thread, or leave it for Secunia Support on Monday, can the originator please state:

1. What relationship do you think exists between promoting a PC Cleaner & the aims of this Forum as outlined above?

2. What is the country of origin & address of the programme vendor?

3. The EULA states that it is subject to US Export Control Laws - Is this the country where the vendor is registered for lawful purposes?

4. The EULA states it is for THREATFIRE - what is Threadfire in relation to FoxthSoft & their programme Wisefixer?

5. Can you publish the benchmark figures on how you came to this conclusionIt cleans out everything (you know what i mean) and it enhances my pc speed.

As the promoter the questions should be fairly easy for you to answer.

Sorry for the Edit.

--
Maurice

Microsoft Surface 4 Intel i7 64Bit
Windows 10 Pro
16 GB RAM
IE & Edge Only
Was this reply relevant?
+6