Vulnerabilities
Programs
Open Discussions
My Threads
Create Thread
Statistics
About

Forum Thread: Downloaded file has incorrect SHA1sum

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
Programs

Relating to this vendor:
Adobe Systems
And, this specific program:
Adobe Flash Player 10.x

This thread has been marked as locked.
metaed Downloaded file has incorrect SHA1sum
Member 12th Jul, 2011 18:14
Ranking: 1
User Since: 11th Feb, 2009
System Score: 100%
I am having a problem patching Adobe Flash using the automatic update feature of PSI 2.0.3003.

This is a new HP system with preinstalled 64-bit Windows 7 and Flash Player. Also, this system has Virtual PC Windows XP Mode, which I installed and which comes with Flash Player.

In the Windows 7 environment, PSI offers to autoupdate Flash from 10.1.53.64 to 10.3.181.26, but fails with the message shown in the subject line.

In the Windows XP environment, PSI offers to autoupdate Flash from 6.0.88.0 to 10.x, but fails with the same message.

I have had no difficulty autoupdating Flash on various XP systems. So, before I punt to running the Adobe uninstaller and doing a fresh install of Flash, I wondered: Am I doing something wrong? Should this be working?

Cheers,

MetaEd

--
Sometimes they fool you by walking upright.

Anthony Wells RE: Downloaded file has incorrect SHA1sum
Expert Contributor 12th Jul, 2011 19:45
Score: 2371
User Since: 19th Dec 2007
System Score: N/A

Hi ,

In W7 , you may have problems in that , if I remember correctly , 10.1.53.64 is/was both a Beta and a full release NPAPI plug-in ; it is also some versions old and auto updates may have trouble finding the right installer for you , witness the # problem or at least the uninstaller part .

Similarly in XP , the 10.x uninstaller/installer is probably incapable of dealing with a 6.x version.

Personally , I find using the get flash installer from Adobe is quicker and much less hassle than the PSI auto update facility ; in your situation you will probably need the uninstaller.exe or do a manual file delete

Hope that helps .

anthony

--

It always seems impossible until its done.
Nelson Mandela
Was this reply relevant?
+1
metaed RE: Downloaded file has incorrect SHA1sum
Member 12th Jul, 2011 19:51
Score: 1
User Since: 11th Feb 2009
System Score: 100%
Agreed, the update might fail for various other reasons. But an incorrect checksum on the download seemed dubious. It strikes me that should never happen.

--
Sometimes they fool you by walking upright.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Anthony Wells RE: Downloaded file has incorrect SHA1sum
Expert Contributor 12th Jul, 2011 19:56
Score: 2371
User Since: 19th Dec 2007
System Score: N/A

Someone , @taffy if I remember , reported a #sum problem recently and that was to do with an incorrect installer.exe offered from adobe via the PSI .

If you wish to check further , I think you will need to contact support direct at support@secunia.com , if they do not appear tomorrow CET .

--

It always seems impossible until its done.
Nelson Mandela
Was this reply relevant?
+1

This thread has been marked as locked.

Products Solutions Customers Partner Resources Company

Corporate
Vulnerability Intelligence Manager (VIM)
Corporate Software Inspector (CSI)
Consumer
Personal Software Inspector (PSI)
Online Software Inspector (OSI)
 Industry
Compliance
Technology
Integration
 Customers
Testimonials
 VARS
MSSP
Technology Partners
References
 Factsheets
Reports
Webinars
Events
 About us
Careers
Memberships
Newsroom

© 2002-2014 Secunia ApS - Rued Langgaards Vej 8, 4th floor, DK-2300 Copenhagen, Denmark - +45 7020 5144
Terms & Conditions and Copyright - Privacy - Report Vulnerability