xSI
Vulnerabilities
Programs
Open Discussions
My Threads
Create Thread
Statistics
About

Forum Thread: Require a Program that will list and deleate duplicate programs/f...

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
OSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
BurtD Require a Program that will list and deleate duplicate programs/files
Member 24th Dec, 2008 16:08
Ranking: 0
User Since: 4th Dec, 2008
System Score: N/A
Now if there was only a program that would list all programs/files that are duplicated. And would remove/deleate the oldest, and leave the most updated. Sure would clean up a lot of excess baggage on the Hard Drive for everyone. My Secunia scan sure list a lot of double programs for me.

dmemt RE: Require a Program that will list and deleate duplicate programs/files
Member 26th Dec, 2008 01:51
Score: 0
User Since: 4th Dec 2008
System Score: 100%
Maybe something like this would work?
http://www.easyduplicatefinder.com/help-3-delete-d...

--
Dana
"What, exactly, is the Internet? Basically it is a global network exchanging digitized data in such a way that any computer, anywhere, that is equipped with a device called a "modem" can make a noise like a duck choking on a kazoo." - Dave Barry
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Simon Ellehammer J. RE: Require a Program that will list and deleate duplicate programs/files
Member 26th Dec, 2008 14:35
User Since: 9th Nov 2008
I've had similar problems. The thing is that PSI doesn't upgrade all the .dll or .whatever files. 'Adobe AIR.dll' from Adobe AIR or 'NPSWF32.dll' from multiple Adobe programs, for instance, are only updated where the main program is detected. This results in multiple threat rapports that won't be solved though you load the Direct Download Link. The solution is simply to paste the newest version (in the case of NPSWF32.dll it's 10.0.12.36) to all concerned folders.

It would be great if Secunia would include a feature in later PSI versions installing the newest version to all concerned files.

Thanks for an excellent program.

Regards, Simon
Was this reply relevant?
+0
BurtDensmore RE: Require a Program that will list and deleate duplicate programs/files
Member 27th Dec, 2008 17:35
User Since: 19th Dec 2008
Last edited on 27th Dec, 2008 17:38
on 26th Dec, 2008 01:51, dmemt wrote:
Maybe something like this would work?
http://www.easyduplicatefinder.com/help-3-delete-d...

Thanks for the Link, And something for the next version of Secunia to include. Great program for In with the New, and Out with the Old.

Looks like I am in a different Time Warp on this.. My time here in British Columbia, Canada is only 08:36hrs and not the listed time Secunia has me down for at 17:36hrs
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Maurice Joyce RE: Require a Program that will list and deleate duplicate programs/files
Handling Contributor 5th Jan, 2009 02:14
Score: 11726
User Since: 4th Jan 2009
You can change your timezone by updating your Secunia Profile.
It also gives U the option to disclose
Your country
Your City
Your Signature

--
Maurice

Windows 7 SP1 64 Bit OS
HP Intel Pentium i7
IE 11 for Windows 7 SP1
16GB RAM
Was this reply relevant?
+0
AllanIsKing RE: Require a Program that will list and deleate duplicate programs/files
Member 28th Jan, 2009 15:19
User Since: 28th Jan 2009
Try Directory Report
http://www.file-utilities.com
Watch the video to see how
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Rose81 RE: Require a Program that will list and deleate duplicate programs/files
Member 13th May, 2009 01:04
User Since: 13th May 2009
Last edited on 13th May, 2009 01:09
There are some programmes for XP to find duplicate files. I wanted to delete music duplicate file (http://www.fileutilityblog.com/archives/213) I used the programme Clone Remover for such aim. It helped me. This program is not only for the music, but for all files. And now it is more free place on my PC :)
Was this reply relevant?
+0
earthman420 RE: Require a Program that will list and deleate duplicate programs/files
Member 13th May, 2009 05:52
User Since: 9th May 2009
on 24th Dec, 2008 16:08, BurtD wrote:
Now if there was only a program that would list all programs/files that are duplicated. And would remove/deleate the oldest, and leave the most updated. Sure would clean up a lot of excess baggage on the Hard Drive for everyone. My Secunia scan sure list a lot of double programs for me.

Was this reply relevant?
+0
jean3167 RE: Require a Program that will list and deleate duplicate programs/files
Member 10th Sep, 2009 10:12
User Since: 10th Sep 2009
Last edited on 10th Sep, 2009 10:13
Here is a tool to find and remove duplicates with an accuracy in a minute, Duplicate finder 2009 helped me to find and Delete duplicate files and folders from the pc.i found it on google search.

Get Here : http://www.duplicate-finder-pro.com/delete-duplica...
Was this reply relevant?
+0
This user no longer exists RE: Require a Program that will list and deleate duplicate programs/files
Member 10th Sep, 2009 12:58
spammer
on 10th Sep, 2009 10:12, jean3167 wrote:
Here is a tool to find and remove duplicates with an accuracy in a minute, Duplicate finder 2009 helped me to find and Delete duplicate files and folders from the pc.i found it on google search.

Get Here : http://www.duplicate-finder-pro.com/delete-duplica...
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Maurice Joyce RE: Require a Program that will list and deleate duplicate programs/files
Handling Contributor 11th Sep, 2009 02:02
Score: 11726
User Since: 4th Jan 2009
@YoKenny
Nearly correct. This programmes does exist but is not free & in my view downright dangerous in the wrong hands.

Just tested it & it will, if requested, find 0 byte files & offer to remove them.

On second thoughts you are correct. What sane person would spend $34 to delete vital 0 byte files or find a few pictures that look the same?

--
Maurice

Windows 7 SP1 64 Bit OS
HP Intel Pentium i7
IE 11 for Windows 7 SP1
16GB RAM
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Morri1s RE: Require a Program that will list and deleate duplicate programs/files
Member 25th Sep, 2009 17:14
User Since: 25th Sep 2009
on 24th Dec, 2008 16:08, BurtD wrote:

try this... http://www.ashisoft.com
Was this reply relevant?
+0
crackers RE: Require a Program that will list and deleate duplicate programs/files
Member 25th Sep, 2009 17:58
Score: 6
User Since: 1st Mar 2009
on 25th Sep, 2009 17:14, Morri1s wrote:
try this... http://www.ashisoft.com[/quote]

According to WOT that site is not good.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
This user no longer exists RE: Require a Program that will list and deleate duplicate programs/files
Member 25th Sep, 2009 18:20
Last edited on 26th Sep, 2009 02:01
on 25th Sep, 2009 17:58, crackers wrote:
According to WOT that site is not good.

WOT is correct.

It is a demoware aplication not worth the money $26.00 and could harm your system as each application has its own requirements.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Morri1s RE: Require a Program that will list and deleate duplicate programs/files
Member 25th Sep, 2009 18:24
I am using ashisoft products since many years and have no problem at all... Great products, does what it says it will, with great flexibility for you to tell it exactly what you want.

I read the commnet on wot website and it seems strange that this reviewer is so negative compared to the other reviewers. To me it sounds like that this user didn't either learn to use the product or is just a negative person at heart or a competitor.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
crackers RE: Require a Program that will list and deleate duplicate programs/files
Member 25th Sep, 2009 19:15
Score: 6
User Since: 1st Mar 2009
I'm sorry, :( , I didn't read the comments, just "Googled" ashisoft & the whole page was yellow or orange WOT icons. I've been led to beleive that WOT is more reliable than SiteAdvisor. But then again I guess I don't really understand all there is to know about WOT, I just go by their icons that show up on a search page.

Please excuse me for jumping in.

Thank you.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Anthony Wells RE: Require a Program that will list and deleate duplicate programs/files
Expert Contributor 25th Sep, 2009 23:32
Score: 2437
User Since: 19th Dec 2007

Using the LinkExtend Toolbar , McAfee also gives a "red" (alongsid WOT) , there are three "greens" (including Norton & google) and two "no opinion" .

Take your pick .

--

It always seems impossible until its done.
Nelson Mandela
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 26th Sep, 2009 01:56
I acquiesce and Morri1s is a spammer!
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Anthony Wells RE: Require a Program that will list and deleate duplicate programs/files
Expert Contributor 26th Sep, 2009 02:21
Score: 2437
User Since: 19th Dec 2007

@yokenny

It all depends on whether or not soft45.com is as bad as McAfee says :-

"ashisoft.com
Red Verdict Image

When we tested this site we found links to soft45.com, which we found to be a distributor of downloads some people consider adware, spyware or other potentially unwanted programs."UnQuote

The link is there ; but only Mcafee rates soft45.com red ; WOT , Norton , Google & Browser Defender give them a green .

--

It always seems impossible until its done.
Nelson Mandela
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 26th Sep, 2009 14:21
@YoKenny

First I wanted to tell you that I am not spammer and no way link to Ashisoft company.

> application has its own requirements...

You may think the way you did, but you really shouldn't have said it out loud, at least not the way you did it, implying all sorts of things, without knowing...

I am using Ashisoft products from past three years, and I am very satisfied with the product and customer service.

And as per McAfee they are saying that they link to some sites, which MAY BE harmful NOT Ashisoft site itself.

McAfee says... "When we tested this site we found links to soft45.com, which we found "to be" a distributor of downloads some people consider adware, spyware or other potentially unwanted programs."
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.

Products Solutions Customers Partner Resources Company

Corporate
Vulnerability Intelligence Manager (VIM)
Corporate Software Inspector (CSI)
Consumer
Personal Software Inspector (PSI)
Online Software Inspector (OSI)
 Industry
Compliance
Technology
Integration
 Customers
Testimonials
 VARS
MSSP
Technology Partners
References
 Reports
Webinars
Events
 About us
Careers
Memberships
Newsroom

© 2002-2014 Secunia ApS - Rued Langgaards Vej 8, 4th floor, DK-2300 Copenhagen, Denmark - +45 7020 5144
Terms & Conditions and Copyright - Privacy - Report Vulnerability