|O.Marin||custom SPS to Uninstall Macromedia Shockwave|
|4th Aug, 2011 17:46|
User Since: 4th Aug, 2011
System Score: N/A
Location: Copenhagen, DK
Last edited on 4th Aug, 2011 17:47
Hi Secunia CSI Community,
The Secunia Packaging System (SPS) available in Secunia CSI 5.0 is a new feature that allows you to customize the updates, uninstall software and even install new software. With the Secunia CSI 5.0 you have full control over the packages that are created.
You should know that Secunia will not support any customization done to the SPS packages so it is up to the Community to help. By offering guidance and sharing experience we hope to give everybody a chance to use this new and powerful feature of the Secunia CSI 5.0
Please be aware that you should only use SPS packages from trusted sources since they can harm your computers.
Always test the behaviour of the SPS package on your test environment so you can make sure that the deployment of the package in your production environment will not cause any problems.
Here is an example on how to create a SPS Uninstall Package for Macromedia ShockwaveŽ Player 8.5.1
1. Go to "Patch" -> "Secunia Package System (SPS)"
2. Find the Product "Macromedia Shockwave Player 8.x" in the list and right click to select "Create Uninstall Package"
3. Click "Yes" on "Manual steps required for the selected program"
4. Select "Edit Package Content" and click "Next"
5. Change "Script type to "VBScript"
6. Click in the "Execution Flow" and remove everything to replace it with the below script
--- SCRIPT BEGIN ---
str1 = "C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\SHOCKW~1\UNWISE.EXE"
str2 = "/S"
str3 = "C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\SHOCKW~1\Install.log
Set WshShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell") WshShell.Run str1 & " " & str2 & " " & str3
--- SCRIPT END ---
7. Click "Next"
8. Choose the valid install paths that should be uninstalled and Click "Next"
9. Click "Publish" and wait until you get the pop-up "Package Successfully Created"
10. Approve Package under "Patch" -> "Available"
Try it out and give us some feedback ;)
Junior Solution Specialist
Weidekampsgade 14 A
DK-2300 Copenhagen S
Phone 45 7020 5144
Fax 45 7020 5145
Please visit our corporate website
Follow us on Twitter
|Jersey_Devil||RE: custom SPS to Uninstall Macromedia Shockwave|
|5th Aug, 2011 22:13|
User Since: 29th Apr 2010
System Score: N/A
Last edited on 5th Aug, 2011 22:19
Edit to add: Excuse my ignorance, I usually use the drop-down menu filter to read only the PSI topics, however this time I did not.
Win 7 HP SP1 x64, XP Home SP3
FFox latest Ex-PLODE-r 11
PSI v2 MVPS Hosts
Avast 9 FREE
Not a customer already?
Learn more about how our market leading Vulnerability Management solutions can help you manage risk and ensure compliance.