Vulnerabilities
Programs
Open Discussions
My Threads
Create Thread
Statistics
About

Forum Thread: Can't Install Adobe Flash Player part 2

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
Programs

Relating to this vendor:
Adobe Systems
And, this specific program:
Adobe Flash Player 10.x

This thread has been marked as locked.
Thunder31 Can't Install Adobe Flash Player part 2
Member 8th Aug, 2011 05:26
Ranking: 0
User Since: 8th Aug, 2011
System Score: N/A
Last edited on 8th Aug, 2011 15:41

(unknown source)
""RE: Can't install Adobe Flash Player update

28th Feb, 2010 22:34

I have Windows XP with IE. My Adobe Flash Player 10 is broken. I use the removal tool that Adobe supplies and that now sits on my desktop. I shut down everything that I can think of, including windows explorer, the internet connection, and Norton before I run the removal tool. I look at the details of the installation to make sure that nothing says "delete on reboot"; if it does, I reboot.

I then run the installation tool in the same way from my desktop, but when I try to view a video it says that I need to install Adobe Flash Player version 10. According to the add/remove-programs portion of my control panel, the Flash Player is installed, but it isn't recognized when I try to use it.

When instead I follow the Adobe troubleshoot script, I go to the line "If you are still having problems, click here to download." I click as instructed, and when it gets to installation it says "Adobe Flash Player 10 has been loaded before. Reload it?" This makes me think that some file did not get removed by the uninstaller, but I can't figure out what it is.

When Adobe offers the Flash Player for download, it tries to give me some free time with Macafee, but I always uncheck that box before proceeding. Could that be a problem?

Any ideas?""

I'm new on here, can't ya Tell? Anyways I am having the exact problem this member had trying to uninstall Adobe Flash Player. It was on my laptop a few weeks ago and now I can't get it to down load back. When I go to "uninstall programs " in control panel it shows it listed but as mention above anything that requires flash player does not regonize it on my laptop. The only difference between my problem and his, I run Windows 7. I have tried the other suggestions made in the first thread "Can't install Adobe Flash Player " that's lock now.

Please advise
Thanks
Greg

Thunder31 RE: Can't Install Adobe Flash Player part 2
Member 8th Aug, 2011 15:42
Score: 0
User Since: 8th Aug 2011
I could really use some help here, it's keeping me up now at night, gotta get this fixed. Any ideas anyone????
Was this reply relevant?
+0
mogs RE: Can't Install Adobe Flash Player part 2
Expert Contributor 8th Aug, 2011 16:15
Score: 2265
User Since: 22nd Apr 2009
System Score: 100%
Last edited on 8th Aug, 2011 16:16
@Thunder 31

Try reading thro' the various threads here :-
http://secunia.com/community/forum/?forum=2&vendor...
which may give you a few leads.
I've lost touch with Adobe probs as I use Chrome browsers which have Flash as an integral component/plug in. Sorry can't be of more help....but you did sound very agitated ! Regards,

--
Was this reply relevant?
+1
Maurice Joyce RE: Can't Install Adobe Flash Player part 2
Handling Contributor 8th Aug, 2011 16:17
Score: 11830
User Since: 4th Jan 2009
If U want to double check Flash is working & the version installed click here: http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

1. Does that link tell U it is successfully installed?

2. If yes are U using IE9?

--
Maurice

Windows 7 SP1 64 Bit OS
HP Intel Pentium i7
IE 11 for Windows 7 SP1
16GB RAM
Was this reply relevant?
+2
Member 9th Aug, 2011 17:24
Well I tried almost all the fixes I read, but feeling I missed something, so I eventually reverted my IE9 back to IE8 and problem solve...
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Handling Contributor 9th Aug, 2011 17:43
Pity. I suspect U had ActiveX filtering switched on in IE9 hence my post (above) questions to U. This creates what appears to be an error message with sites using Flash in that they indicate Flash is required/not installed/lacks the latest version.

It is a security feature which requires switching on & off by the user & is not available in IE8.

--
Maurice

Windows 7 SP1 64 Bit OS
HP Intel Pentium i7
IE 11 for Windows 7 SP1
16GB RAM
Was this reply relevant?
+2
Member 10th Aug, 2011 01:51
on 9th Aug, 2011 17:43, Maurice Joyce wrote:
Pity. I suspect U had ActiveX filtering switched on in IE9 hence my post (above) questions to U. This creates what appears to be an error message with sites using Flash in that they indicate Flash is required/not installed/lacks the latest version.

It is a security feature which requires switching on & off by the user & is not available in IE8.

Hmmm could you direct me to were I can find this security feature so I can turn it off or on. Then I will reinstall IE9.

Thanks
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Handling Contributor 10th Aug, 2011 02:57
Top Row - Tools>ActiveX Filtering - if U click on ActiveX Filtering it will put a tick (check mark) to the left - it is then active - reverse that action to cancel the feature.

--
Maurice

Windows 7 SP1 64 Bit OS
HP Intel Pentium i7
IE 11 for Windows 7 SP1
16GB RAM
Was this reply relevant?
+1
Member 10th Aug, 2011 03:07
Ok Great, Thanks!!!
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.

Products Solutions Customers Partner Resources Company

Corporate
Vulnerability Intelligence Manager (VIM)
Corporate Software Inspector (CSI)
Consumer
Personal Software Inspector (PSI)
Online Software Inspector (OSI)
 Industry
Compliance
Technology
Integration
 Customers
Testimonials
 MSSP
Technology Partners
References
 Reports
Webinars
Events
 About us
Careers
Memberships
Newsroom

Secunia is a member of FIRST Secunia is a member of EDUcause Secunia is a member of The Open Group Secunia is a member of FS-ISAC

Secunia © 2002-2014 Secunia ApS - Rued Langgaards Vej 8, 4th floor, DK-2300 Copenhagen, Denmark - +45 7020 5144
Terms & Conditions and Copyright - Privacy - Report Vulnerability - Disclaimer
follow Secunia on Facebook follow Secunia on Twitter follow Secunia on LinkedIn follow Secunia on YouTube follow Secunia Xing follow Secunias RSS feed follow Secunia on Google+