|Secunia||Mozille Firefox / Thunderbird Multiple Vulnerabilities|
|9th Nov, 2011 15:08|
User Since: -
System Score: -
Location: Copenhagen, DK
Multiple vulnerabilities have been reported in Mozilla Firefox and Thunderbird, which can be exploited by malicious people to disclose potentially sensitive information, conduct cross-site scripting attacks, bypass certain security restrictions, and potentially compromise a user's system.
1) An error when parsing invalid sequences in the Shift-JIS encoding can be exploited to disclose potentially sensitive information and conduct cross-site scripting attacks.
2) Some unspecified errors can be exploited to corrupt memory.
3) An error due to an unchecked allocation failure can be exploited to corrupt memory.
4) An error when a SVG <mpath> tag links to a non-SVG element can be exploited to corrupt memory.
Successful exploitation of vulnerabilities #2 through #5 may allow execution of arbitrary code.
6) An error within Windows D2D hardware acceleration can be exploited to bypass the same-origin policy and read data from a different domain.
This is related to vulnerability #7 in:
7) An error within WebGL can be exploited to disclose random image data from the GPU memory.
8) An error within an internal privilege check due to not respecting the NoWaiverWrappers restrictions can be exploited to grant escalated privileges to certain web content.
Successful exploitation of this vulnerability may allow execution of arbitrary code.
|RE: Mozille Firefox / Thunderbird Multiple Vulnerabilities||
|This reply has been minimised due to a negative Relevancy Score.|
|ddmarshall||RE: Mozille Firefox / Thunderbird Multiple Vulnerabilities|
|9th Nov, 2011 19:58|
User Since: 8th Nov 2008
System Score: 98%
|Firefox/Thunderbird 7 and Firefox/Thunderbird 8 are classed as different products. Therefore 7 is considered to be unpatched. Mozilla's new rapid release policy means 7 will never be patched.