Vulnerabilities
Programs
Open Discussions
My Threads
Create Thread
Statistics
About

Forum Thread: PSI won't scan

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as resolved.
frickers PSI won't scan
Member 19th Dec, 2011 17:58
Ranking: 2
User Since: 21st May, 2008
System Score: N/A
I have used PSI for several years. It usually scans automatically once a week. I noticed that it has not scanned for over two weeks. When I try to run a scan manually, nothing happens. I also notice that when I pass my cursor over the icon in the system try, it does not show the results of the most recent scan like it usually does. I reinstalled PSI 2.0 and the same thing happens. What do I need to do to get PSI working again?

Post "RE: PSI won't scan" has been selected as an answer.
mogs RE: PSI won't scan
Expert Contributor 19th Dec, 2011 18:48
Score: 2265
User Since: 22nd Apr 2009
System Score: 100%
@frickers
Hello.
When you re-installed , did you let it remove the previous version/file, or uninstall manually ? Did you clean out temp. files etc., beforehand ?
Do you get a clean bill of health if you run CHKDSK ?
Have you checked thro' settings/configurations here ? :-
http://secunia.com/products/consumer/psi/faq/#s3 note those sections towards the end if using XP.

--
Was this reply relevant?
+1
frickers RE: PSI won't scan
Member 20th Dec, 2011 20:05
Score: 2
User Since: 21st May 2008
I've tried all those things and it still won't scan.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Expert Contributor 20th Dec, 2011 20:38
What is your OS ?
When you re-installed....did you let it remove the previous version ? Did you uninstall manually beforehand ? Or have you tried both methods ?
When you say it won't scan........does that mean you get as far as the scan page but there's no reaction from the Scan button ?
Are you able to scan if you revert to the older version available from here ? :-
http://secunia.com/PSI1Setup.exe

--
Was this reply relevant?
+1
Member 20th Dec, 2011 22:37
I'm running XP. I tried both methods, uninstalling manually and letting it uninstall. I get to the Scan page, but the Scan button does nothing.

I just uninstalled manually and loaded the old version from the ink you provided. It did scan, but keeps popping up a message that a new version of PSI is available. Should I continue to run the old version or download the latest one? I prefer the interface on the newer version and it worked fine up until earlier this month.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Expert Contributor 20th Dec, 2011 22:57
@frickers
The choice is yours......at least you know you can always revert to the older version again if unsuccessful.
What I think I'd do, is remove the older version ....using Revounstaller.....it will check for any left-over files(jig-saw pieces ) at differing levels to Advanced.......don't know if you're familiar with it....it has many other uses as well.I can provide the link to the free version if you wish.
The reason I suggest it.....as you've uninstalled/installed different versions, it can sometimes set up conflicts and oppositions which using Revo, you should be able to eradicate. You could then try a fresh install of the latest 2.0.0.4003 version

--
Was this reply relevant?
+1
Member 21st Dec, 2011 04:49
Thanks for all your help. The last time I uninstalled PSI I did use Revouninstaller. The other time I uninstalled manually I used ZSoftuninstaller. I think I will try removing the older version with Revouninstaller and then download the current version of PSI and see if it works. If not, then I can revert to this older version as you suggest.

I do appreciate you help and prompt responses.
Was this reply relevant?
+2

This thread has been marked as locked.

Products Solutions Customers Partner Resources Company

Corporate
Vulnerability Intelligence Manager (VIM)
Corporate Software Inspector (CSI)
Consumer
Personal Software Inspector (PSI)
Online Software Inspector (OSI)
 Industry
Compliance
Technology
Integration
 Customers
Testimonials
 VARS
MSSP
Technology Partners
References
 Reports
Webinars
Events
 About us
Careers
Memberships
Newsroom

© 2002-2014 Secunia ApS - Rued Langgaards Vej 8, 4th floor, DK-2300 Copenhagen, Denmark - +45 7020 5144
Terms & Conditions and Copyright - Privacy - Report Vulnerability