xSI
Vulnerabilities
Programs
Open Discussions
My Threads
Create Thread
Statistics
About

Forum Thread: for Anthony - can you shed some light please?

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
Open Discussions

This thread has been marked as locked.
taffy078 for Anthony - can you shed some light please?
Contributor 1st Jan, 2012 19:09
Ranking: 408
User Since: 26th Feb, 2009
System Score: 100%
Hi Anthony. In this thread http://secunia.com/community/forum/thread/show/119...
you posted:

"Hello taffy and Mogs ; or should I say the Ghosts of Christmas Past or even a couple of Old Chestnuts .

Secunia did not open , post to or create this thread .

As has been discussed umpteen times within the Forum , if you (inadvisedly) are first to post in the "comments" section of either a Secunia Advisory or a Secunia Vulnerability Report a thread opens in either the Vulnerability or the Program "sub-Forum" . In order to control the thread in these two specific circumstances , a Secunia logo header "automatically" opens the thread with a brief reference .

If you wish to help people get more/quicker help and avoid negative votes - that too is an ancient topic , wrinkled and has been done to death repeatedly - then advise the ignorant , misguided , lazy poster accordingly : ie: to create their own thread and certainly do not tag-on to one opened in the Vulnerability "sub-Forum" .

Bussy , busy .

Seasons Greetings and Joyeuses Fetes .

Anthony

I too am rather confused, possibly due to my chestnuts - roasting too long, perhaps?

(1) "As has been discussed umpteen times within the Forum".
Just like Mogs has, I must have missed all these.

(2) "Secunia did not open , post to or create this thread . . . . . . . If you (inadvisedly) are first to post in the "comments" section of either a Secunia Advisory or a Secunia Vulnerability Report a thread opens in either the Vulnerability or the Program "sub-Forum" . In order to control the thread in these two specific circumstances , a Secunia logo header "automatically" opens the thread with a brief reference."
Secunia's original vulnerability report was many months ago so what caused the thread referred to above to appear only now? C S Galloway didn't create it.

(3) "advise the ignorant , misguided , lazy poster accordingly : ie: to create their own thread". This is precisely what I did!

(4) But the main point is that C S Galloway wanted some advice - which he hasn't had yet.

Presumably all of that to which you refer is outlined in the PSI manual. But I can't open it so perhaps you can you help me out on this please Anthony.

and a Happy New Year to you, too. ;0)

--
taffy078, West Yorkshire, UK

Desktop: Compaq Presario (OEM) 32 bit / AMD Athlon / 2 GB RAM
XP Home - SP3/ IE8/ Norton IS - Secunia PSI v2.0.0.3003

Laptop: Win 7 / IE11 / PSI v2.0.0.3003

Anthony Wells

RE: for Anthony - can you shed some light please?
[+]
This reply has been minimised due to a negative Relevancy Score.
mogs RE: for Anthony - can you shed some light please?
Expert Contributor 1st Jan, 2012 21:05
Score: 2265
User Since: 22nd Apr 2009
Dear Anthony.

I don't have a problem with keeping my letters together......my attention to spelling I don't think is lax.
I'd already replied concerning the issue.
I do keep my hair short and my Recycle Bin empty.....I'm not a puppy feeding on scraps !!!

Please moderate your terminology !

--
Was this reply relevant?
+3

Anthony Wells

RE: for Anthony - can you shed some light please?
[+]
This reply has been minimised due to a negative Relevancy Score.
taffy078 RE: for Anthony - can you shed some light please?
Contributor 2nd Jan, 2012 12:03
Score: 408
User Since: 26th Feb 2009
Last edited on 2nd Jan, 2012 12:04
@Anthony.

The reason for this thread is that I genuinely didn't understand how the SA/SVR created threads***. And it is clear that I had forgotten your explanation from coming-up-to two years ago. Which is why I genuinely asked for your help. I thought that I had asked in a "moderate and polite" way. I certainly wasn't being "arrogant & demanding".

You said that there have been "umpteen" (= very many) previous discussions on this*** topic. It saddens me that out of all these upteen discussions you chose perhaps the most divisive one, one that at the time caused rifts between members. Let me say once again that I hadn't mentioned the scoring system, nor was that in my mind.

You also chose to make silly and unnecessary personal comments about Mogs and me. And irrelevant comments about optimisers. Not your usual standard of elegant helpful response.

I hope that the champagne helped you sleep well.

EDIT: Typo - 'yo' instead of 'to'

--
taffy078, West Yorkshire, UK

Desktop: Compaq Presario (OEM) 32 bit / AMD Athlon / 2 GB RAM
XP Home - SP3/ IE8/ Norton IS - Secunia PSI v2.0.0.3003

Laptop: Win 7 / IE11 / PSI v2.0.0.3003
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.

Products Solutions Customers Partner Resources Company

Corporate
Vulnerability Intelligence Manager (VIM)
Corporate Software Inspector (CSI)
Consumer
Personal Software Inspector (PSI)
Online Software Inspector (OSI)
 Industry
Compliance
Technology
Integration
 Customers
Testimonials
 VARS
MSSP
Technology Partners
References
 Reports
Webinars
Events
 About us
Careers
Memberships
Newsroom

© 2002-2014 Secunia ApS - Rued Langgaards Vej 8, 4th floor, DK-2300 Copenhagen, Denmark - +45 7020 5144
Terms & Conditions and Copyright - Privacy - Report Vulnerability