Vulnerabilities
Programs
Open Discussions
My Threads
Create Thread
Statistics
About

Forum Thread: Opening page panel doesn't load

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as resolved.
Thomas_R Opening page panel doesn't load
Member 7th Jan, 2012 05:51
Ranking: 2
User Since: 7th Jan, 2012
System Score: N/A
I have downloaded, uninstalled and re downloaded a number of times, and always have the same problem. The installation seems to go fine, but the opening page will then just flash on the screen and disappear. The icon in the task bar stays, and a scan must have been done, as it says I have a score of 92%. But when i double click on that icon, the Secunia PSI page comes up as just white (nothing at all in it) and then disappears in one second. I use Windows XP with all the updates and have Norton 360 on this computer. I also scan regularly with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, and come up clean. I have the exact same set up on another computer and never have any problems with PSI Secunia. But on this computer I have never been able to get Secunia PSI to work (so i just use the online scan). I have also added Secunia to the trusted sites list, but still have the same problem. Any suggestions on what i can try? Thanks, Tom.

Post "RE: Opening page panel doesn't load" has been selected as an answer.
mogs RE: Opening page panel doesn't load
Expert Contributor 7th Jan, 2012 12:42
Score: 2265
User Since: 22nd Apr 2009
System Score: 100%
@Thomas R

Hello Tom

Have you checked thro' all the configurations/settings here.......particularly note those for XP users towards the end of the section/paragraph :-
http://secunia.com/products/consumer/psi/faq/#s3

Hope it helps........regards,

--
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Thomas_R RE: Opening page panel doesn't load
Member 7th Jan, 2012 15:40
Score: 2
User Since: 7th Jan 2012
System Score: N/A
Thank you for your help. This is the one that corrected my problem.

"If that did not resolve the problem either, and you are using Windows XP, try these steps:

1) Go to where you installed the PSI (Probably C:\Program Files\Secunia\PSI, or C:\Program Files (x86) for 64-bit systems), right-click PSI.exe, click Properties, go to the Compatibility tab, and set a check at 'Turn off advanced text services for this program' "

Thanks, again, Tom.
Was this reply relevant?
+2
mogs RE: Opening page panel doesn't load
Expert Contributor 7th Jan, 2012 18:08
Score: 2265
User Since: 22nd Apr 2009
System Score: 100%
Glad you managed to resolve the issue.....very many XP users have found something of help in the FAQ's.
If you wish, you can close the thread by pressing Accept....that will prevent others tagging on and reminder e mails to your inbox........Regards,

--
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.

Products Solutions Customers Partner Resources Company

Corporate
Vulnerability Intelligence Manager (VIM)
Corporate Software Inspector (CSI)
Consumer
Personal Software Inspector (PSI)
Online Software Inspector (OSI)
 Industry
Compliance
Technology
Integration
 Customers
Testimonials
 MSSP
Technology Partners
References
 Reports
Webinars
Events
 About us
Careers
Memberships
Newsroom

Secunia is a member of FIRST Secunia is a member of EDUcause Secunia is a member of The Open Group Secunia is a member of FS-ISAC

Secunia © 2002-2014 Secunia ApS - Rued Langgaards Vej 8, 4th floor, DK-2300 Copenhagen, Denmark - +45 7020 5144
Terms & Conditions and Copyright - Privacy - Report Vulnerability - Disclaimer
follow Secunia on Facebook follow Secunia on Twitter follow Secunia on LinkedIn follow Secunia on YouTube follow Secunia Xing follow Secunias RSS feed follow Secunia on Google+