Vulnerabilities
Programs
Open Discussions
My Threads
Create Thread
Statistics
About

Forum Thread: Weird goings on with the PSI

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
Open Discussions

This thread has been marked as resolved.
Anthony Wells Weird goings on with the PSI
Expert Contributor 12th Jan, 2012 22:13
Ranking: 2463
User Since: 19th Dec, 2007
System Score: N/A
Last edited on 12th Jan, 2012 22:14

Hi ,

My version 2.0.0.3003 on XP , with no interference from me , has just now given a pop-up from the tray icon saying all details at 0% and turned the icon red .

I opened the GUI which showed 0% and no programmes listed but indicating a scan was in progress . It completed normally and gave me 100% and green icon .

There is no "secure browsing" module available from the Dashboard and there is no history displayed except one green column for "now" . In settings , I found the "enable secure browsing" had been unchecked (not by me) ; I rechecked it and the "secure browsing" display is back .

I am shown as an "unregistered user" and my "Secunia Community Profile" is blank .

Too busy to try and reset my ID for now . Will look at it again tomorrow .

A bit of a pig's breakfast , if you ask me .

Take care

Anthony

--

It always seems impossible until its done.
Nelson Mandela

Post "RE: Weird goings on with the PSI " has been selected as an answer.
mogs RE: Weird goings on with the PSI
Expert Contributor 12th Jan, 2012 22:29
Score: 2265
User Since: 22nd Apr 2009
System Score: 100%
Evening Anthony....this won't be of any help......possibly commiseration might be deemed more comforting ?!
My psi....version 2.0.0.4003.... has been on and off for the last 7/10days.....usually just getting to "verifying internet" and no further. Tho' I've also experienced.....at the same time of that happening.....my browsers in slow motion....and sometimes havn't been able to reach site either. Very erratic. Tho' occasionally the icon would be green and be the signal that not just Secunia would run smoothly.
I've just put it down to remote server problems. Tonight, with both Chromes at 18 and everything tickety boo.

--
Was this reply relevant?
+1
Maurice Joyce RE: Weird goings on with the PSI
Handling Contributor 12th Jan, 2012 23:34
Score: 11865
User Since: 4th Jan 2009
Anthony,
I have written to Support today asking for a comment on this thread which has a similar type issue. I think yours is Profile related but ......!

http://secunia.com/community/forum/thread/show/119...

No response yet so assume they are busy elsewhere. Hopefully they can update us on what is causing these minor hiccups.

In the last half hour I have tested all aspects of PSI using these versions:

1.5.0.2 - Windows XP SP3 32 Bit with IE8
2.0.0.3001 - Windows XP SP3 32 Bit with IE8 via remote hook up to one of my students.
2.0.0.4003 - Windows 7 SP1 32 Bit with IE9

I installed version 2.0.0.3003 onto this PC & checked around.

All appears normal in all cases.

@mogs

Not sure U should be looking at the server for your ills over the last few days.

If I remember correctly U are running a BETA version of Google - have U checked it is not that? Have U reported a POSSIBLE bug to them for a response?

Have U completed a diagnostic test on your ISP line?

Have U tried to optimised your broadband link with one of your cleaners?

Did U not get a result when U "pinged" the Secunia IP address during your "breakdowns"?

Version 2.0.0.4003 has worked flawlessly on my test machine using IE9 during the whole period.

--
Maurice

Windows 7 SP1 64 Bit OS
HP Intel Pentium i7
IE 11 for Windows 7 SP1
16GB RAM
Was this reply relevant?
+2
Anthony Wells RE: Weird goings on with the PSI
Expert Contributor 13th Jan, 2012 12:15
Score: 2463
User Since: 19th Dec 2007

Hello Mogs and Maurice ,

Thank you for your input :)

I have just reloaded my profile successfully into the PSI using the "Secunia Community Profile" module in Configuration ; inserted user name and email (entries at bottom of display) for "existing profile" , had email link which I confirmed and then returned to the PSI module and selected "reload" . This all worked correctly except that the "Dashboard" has not repopulated my "History" on the rhs of the display . Will see if it does after the next scan .

Mogs ,

I tend to agree with Maurice and would guess at an ISP speed problem , throttling and/or holiday surfeit . In the past (over here , on advice from the ISP) , shutting down my modem for 10 minutes results in a new IP address and probably a new 'phone line interconnector and has resolved any problem .

At worst , if you get no joy from the ISP , a "bot" or other malware might be causing problems .

As I run both Chrome 18's and Ff 9.0.1 with never any bother , I am not sure they would be directly involved themselves ; but ...

Maurice ,

Thank you for advising support ; having got my ID back and lost my history by some sort of spontaneous combustion in the PSI/Secunia servers , I have absolutely no idea what is going on . There were some recent posts on a similar situations , including "auto-updates" running amok . I only had time to glance at them , so do not know their outcome .

I do feel they all interlink since the server "work" last month ; guess we will need someone/word from support before any light is cast .

Take care

Anthony

--

Nelson Mandela
Was this reply relevant?
+2
Expert Contributor 13th Jan, 2012 22:40
Maurice and Anthony...........thankyou both for the input/advice/comment.
I seem to be on a bit of a roll.....over 24hrs and 3/4 bootups and all behaving as if nothing ever happened !!
I'll try to answer the points raised tho' :-
Both Chrome Dev and Canary are set to automatically send crash and usage reports to Google.
I tend to use Canary more than the Dev.....it seems to have the edge....a version change; I don't seem to be able to dwell on "old" faults !!
There's been no optimization of the BB link to my knowledge....tho' I do still continue to use my CCleaner etcetera as I've done for the last 2/3 years.
Didn't "ping" Secunia IP.....Will certainly bear it in mind to act upon at any future occurrance.
All three of my browsers exhibited the same symptoms at the same time as psi being down....some sites were still accessible and with speed.
I've had the same symptoms on at least two occasions over the last 18 months....all having resolved themselves after a few days.
One thing I did discover in checking thro'......I think I referred to it in a post a few weeks ago.....as both Chrome are set to check for server cert. revocation ; I wasn't overly perturbed at having left..as I thought...the check out of "Check for Server Cert. Revocation ". I found the checkmark in place. I decided to leave it as it was....psi is also now working as it was.

It's always slow goin' thro' roadworks ?

--
Was this reply relevant?
+1
Expert Contributor 13th Jan, 2012 23:31

Hello again ,

A full scan ran normally but no sign of my history returning to the "dashboard" - merely a green column for "now" .

I also noted that whatever happened the other night , today , only my "C" partition was checked for scanning , the "D" having become unchecked .

Will wait to see if Secunia have any comments next week .

Take care

Anthony

--

Nelson Mandela
Was this reply relevant?
+0
wr RE: Weird goings on with the PSI
Contributor 16th Jan, 2012 20:44
Score: 308
User Since: 30th Mar 2008
Hi all

Just a FYI concerning the weird goings on with the PSI
& v1.5.0.2. The PSI would hang at 'verifying connectivity'
screen-it would never connect. Saw this thread http://secunia.com/community/forum/thread/show/119... & followed it for several days to see if a 'fix' was found. I'd already checked
my Internet settings as per the PSI FAQ & everything
OK. Scanned for any 'bad stuff' using at least 3 different
apps-nothing found. Tried uninstall, reinstall, reboot, no joy.
Following the above thread for some direction it seemed as though a corrupted Profile might be the clue.
Downloaded v1.5.0.2 & saved to Desktop, uninstalled PSI using Revo Uninstaller Pro in the Advanced mode as this exposes the Registry keys which the PSI uninstaller/installer doesn't touch. Removed all Secunia keys-BINGO. Installed v1.5.0.2 using the same Revo program & PSI started a scan when install finished.
My results were exactly as Anthony Wells as far as no past history & I was a unregistered user. Did the same process as Anthony to recover Profile & had to set new
Ignore rules for my D: drive(recovery).
Also my Overview showed 3 insecure browsers-what? I've only 2 installed IE8 & Ff 3.6.xx. Checking the Secure Browers tab I now show IE8, Adobe Flash Player(NPAPI), & Adobe Flash Player(ActiveX) as insecure for browsing-go figure. I know AFP is patched
up-to-date but still has vulnerabilities(as always)but why show them under the Secure Browsing tab?
I wanted to wait & see if the history would repopulate
as I've used the PSI forever-no go-just Now & 1 week ago.

Sorry for the long post & rambling but if someone else
is having some weird issues, maybe this might help.
I see Secunia has made no comment(s) here on the thread.

Good luck.

Regards, wr

--
HP Pavilion Slimline s3020n
Windows Vista Home Premium SP2 32 bit
AMD 64 Athlon X2
Firefox 31.3.0 ESR
The weakest link of a computer system is always sitting in front of the monitor.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Handling Contributor 17th Jan, 2012 15:54
@wr
If AFP means Adobe Flash Player it is not patched. It is very vulnerable as U can see here:
http://secunia.com/advisories/47161/

It will show as patched in the Scan Results Page because there is no update from Adobe available.

The Secure Browser Page (for advanced users) will tell a different story by giving more details.

On that basis U can limit the use of Flash - In IE just activate ActiveX Filtering (Tools>click on ActiveX Filtering>this will put a tick (check mark)to the left) - that will stop it running unless U authorise it.

Are U mistaken about 3 Browsers? U should have IE & Firefox - Secunia have recently added a standalone Flash entry which is not a browser. Unsure why they have done that - maybe because Flash is mostly vulnerable!

Please also note that PSI version 2.0.0.4003 has a Secure Browser bug in that it does not populate all the browsers add ons.

--
Maurice

Windows 7 SP1 64 Bit OS
HP Intel Pentium i7
IE 11 for Windows 7 SP1
16GB RAM
Was this reply relevant?
+1
taffy078 RE: Weird goings on with the PSI
Contributor 18th Jan, 2012 12:52
Score: 408
User Since: 26th Feb 2009
Last edited on 18th Jan, 2012 12:53
@ Maurice. You said

On that basis U can limit the use of Flash - In IE just activate ActiveX Filtering (Tools>click on ActiveX Filtering>this will put a tick (check mark)to the left) - that will stop it running unless U authorise it.

I've looked in my IE Tools/Internet Options/Advanced but can't find the reference to ActiveX Filtering. Have I looked in the wrong place, please?

Also Secunia have recently added a standalone Flash entry which is not a browser. Unsure why they have done that - maybe because Flash is mostly vulnerable!

I'd actually uninstalled Flash after the latest scares then reinstalled it as I remembered that Secunia needs it. Are you saying that we can uninstall it on our PCs without affecting Secunia?

edit - typo: can instead of can't

--
taffy078, West Yorkshire, UK

Desktop: Compaq Presario (OEM) 32 bit / AMD Athlon / 2 GB RAM
XP Home - SP3/ IE8/ Norton IS - Secunia PSI v2.0.0.3003

Laptop: Win 7 / IE11 / PSI v2.0.0.3003
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Handling Contributor 18th Jan, 2012 17:22
Last edited on 18th Jan, 2012 17:23
IE
Sorry - I should have made it clear I am talking about IE9 for filtering.

FLASH
All versions of PSI work without Flash.

Version up to & including 1.5 series require Flash if U want to see the pretty graphs on the Overview Page.

The version 2 series do not require Flash at all.

The primary functionality of PSI is not affected by Flash.

--
Maurice

Windows 7 SP1 64 Bit OS
HP Intel Pentium i7
IE 11 for Windows 7 SP1
16GB RAM
Was this reply relevant?
+2
bjm__ RE: Weird goings on with the PSI
Member 18th Jan, 2012 23:12
Score: 64
User Since: 9th Mar 2009
Last edited on 18th Jan, 2012 23:27
on 16th Jan, 2012 20:44, wr wrote:
Hi all
Just a FYI concerning the weird goings on with the PSI
& v1.5.0.2. The PSI would hang at 'verifying connectivity'
screen-it would never connect. Saw this thread http://secunia.com/community/forum/thread/show/119... & followed it for several days to see if a 'fix' was found. I'd already checked [...] I see Secunia has made no comment(s) here on the thread.

Secunia Support emailed (yesterday) the following regarding my request for help with hangs at 'verifying network connectivity'
Hi
We have identified an omission in the process that deletes inactive users. This has caused active users of certain versions of the PSI to be deleted erroneously. We have fixed the error.

Since the user data has been deleted, it is unfortunately necessary to uninstall the PSI and install it again.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Please let us know if uninstalling and then downloading and installing the PSI again should not solve the issue.

--
Kind regards,

Emil Jeppesen
Secunia PSI Support
Was this reply relevant?
+10
taffy078 RE: Weird goings on with the PSI
Contributor 19th Jan, 2012 09:51
Score: 408
User Since: 26th Feb 2009
@ Maurice. Thanks for that.

PS My Secunia icon is now red, although 100% score. Not a problem for me now I know it's apparently quite a common thing at the moment.

PPS And it's now turned green as I'm keying!

--
taffy078, West Yorkshire, UK

Desktop: Compaq Presario (OEM) 32 bit / AMD Athlon / 2 GB RAM
XP Home - SP3/ IE8/ Norton IS - Secunia PSI v2.0.0.3003

Laptop: Win 7 / IE11 / PSI v2.0.0.3003
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Contributor 20th Jan, 2012 19:52
@Maurice Joyce Thanks for your comments regarding this issue. Yes AFP means Adobe FlashPlayer-poor wording on my part-I meant that I had v11.1.102.55 both ActiveX & NPAPI last stable available from Adobe. I notice through Filehippo there are Beta versions available-I don't use betas of any program.
Regarding 3 browsers this was on the Overview page-3 browsers listed as Insecure for browsing. Opening the Secure Browsing tab (in the ADVANCED MODE) 4 browsers were listed-AFP(ActiveX)bordered in red, AFP(NPAPI)bordered in red, IE8 bordered in yellow, & Ff bordered in green. Why Secunia chose to put the 2 AFP in the Secure Browsing tab-no idea-unless as you state to bring attention to the programs being highly vulnerable. Another good reason why I use the NoScript program for Ff.
@bjm thanks for sharing the email from the Secunia official. As stated in my previous post uninstalling/reinstalling via Secunia didn't work. Only after using Revo Uninstaller Pro & finding the (corrupt) registry entries & deleting same did I get the PSI to install & properly function.
Last scan seems to have properly completed-I now only show 1 browser as Insecure on the Overview tab, & when opening the Secure Browsing tab only 2 browsers listed IE8 bordered in yellow & Ff3.x bordered in green. The only thing missing is my History-only 2 green 'cylinders' NOW & 1 week ago. But I can live with that.
Thanks to all who gave comments/possible solutions, & to Anthony Wells who started this thread & I hope has his problems solved too. Until the next 'glitch' see y'all.
Regards, wr

--
AMD 64 Athlon X2
Firefox 31.3.0 ESR
The weakest link of a computer system is always sitting in front of the monitor.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 20th Jan, 2012 23:39
Last edited on 20th Jan, 2012 23:55
on 20th Jan, 2012 19:52, wr wrote:
@bjm thanks for sharing the email from the Secunia official. As stated in my previous post uninstalling/reinstalling via Secunia didn't work. Only after using Revo Uninstaller Pro & finding the (corrupt) registry entries & deleting same did I get the PSI to install & properly function.
Last scan seems to have properly completed-I now only show 1 browser as Insecure on the Overview tab, & when opening the Secure Browsing tab only 2 browsers listed IE8 bordered in yellow & Ff3.x bordered in green.

Hello wr,
Uninstalling/reinstalling via Secunia didn't work for me either. One of my two Admin user accounts still hangs. Latest from Support >
Hi
The only way we can recommend that you solve this, is by updating to the latest version of the PSI. The only alternative would be to make a change in the registry which we cannot recommend.

--
Kind regards,

Emil Jeppesen
Secunia PSI Support
-------------------------------------------------- -
At a loss why update to latest version 2.0 will fix hang.
An update from 1.5 to latest 2.0 will run uninstall / install which apparently does not touch the registry.
My simple uninstall/reinstall of PSI 1.5 dropped out reported Flash Player vulnerability.
http://secunia.com/advisories/47161/
Secure Browsing now only reports my two browsers. IE8 & FF9
The Flash Player vulnerability that had previously appeared in Secure Browsing has taken a powder.
Confused as to why Flash Player unpatched vulnerability is not listed in Secure Browsing ?
Text in Secure Browsing still reads 4 even though 2 for Flash Player (IE & FF) have vanished.
Quote > Secure Browsing: Once you can cross off all 4 from this list, you can rest assured that automatic attacks such as drive-by installation of malware through your browser are a thing of the past.
(None of my business.... Why are still with FF3.0)
Curious, now that you have PSI functioning properly.
Does your PSI report Flash Player advisory.

Thanks
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Contributor 21st Jan, 2012 00:31
Last edited on 21st Jan, 2012 00:42
Hi bjm
PSI doesn't list either AFP(ActiveX or NPAPI) in the Secure Browsing tab either-as you say "took a powder".
Neither does it list 4 browsers only the 2 I have installed. Also when in the Patched tab if I click the Cat 4 'bars' I'm sent to SA 46818-dated 11-11-2011! No SA number listed beside Cat rating as usual.
I'm at a loss as to why upgrading to v2.x from 1.5x would 'cure' the hangup problem. I know from previous 'lurking' that I can't remember Secunia ever recommending to change anything in the registry except maybe to set a default browser. I'm like you I didn't think the PSI uninstaller touched the registry-maybe v2.0 overwrites some of the registry keys?
Staying with Ff3.x just because it 'works'. Tried v8 after it was out for 2-3 weeks & just couldn't get used to it.
Regards, wr

EDIT: meant to also say that the above SA relates to v11.0.1.152-I have v11.1.102.55.

--
AMD 64 Athlon X2
Firefox 31.3.0 ESR
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Handling Contributor 21st Jan, 2012 01:32
I may be able to shed some light on the issue.

1. Although still available for download version 1.5 is not officially supported. On that basis I assume Secunia Support have told U to upgrade where support is available.

2. Version 2.0.0.4003 has a well known (reported} bug in that the Secure Browsing Page does not populate correctly with all the Browser Add Ons.

3. The Secure Browsing Tab should only list the browsers that are actually installed on a PC. Not entirely sure what is meant by 4 browsers but only 2 showing. If U have 4 browsers installed they should be listed including any 64 Bit versions.

4. Flash should be showing as patched on the Scan Result Page. This is correct in that the user is up to date but awaiting a hotfix from Adobe. From the tests I have just completed Flash has been removed from the Secure Browsing Page on versions 1.5.0.2,2.0.0.3003 & 2.0.0.4003 - I can only assume Secunia Support are working on how to better present Flash for users.

5. This Registry Key remains unchanged during any uninstall/reinstall

HKEY_CURRENT_USER>Software>PSI - this is the user ID area.

6. If U are keen to keep tabs on your browser(s) U can always use Qualy.

QUALYS BROWSER CHECK

If U want a second opinion of your browser(s) security state U can use this tool.

Details of how it works are here:
https://community.qualys.com/docs/DOC-1542#s2_q7

The FAQ & how it works should be read prior to any scanning. For example,if you use more than one browser U must use the scanner on EACH browser. It only supports IE,Firefox & Google.

The scanner is here:
https://browsercheck.qualys.com/

Update 1 22:00 04/11/2011

Hope this helps a little.

--
Maurice

Windows 7 SP1 64 Bit OS
HP Intel Pentium i7
IE 11 for Windows 7 SP1
16GB RAM
Was this reply relevant?
+3
Member 21st Jan, 2012 20:29
Last edited on 21st Jan, 2012 20:44
Hello Maurice Joyce
Thanks for confirming Flash Player has been removed from the Secure Browsing Page [...]
My Secure Browsing tab had four boxes. Two boxes were for Flash (IE & FF) + IE box + FF box
Now, I have two boxes. IE & FF
The text still in the Secure Browsing tab << Once you can cross off all 4 from this list, you can rest assured that automatic attacks such as drive-by installation of malware through your browser are a thing of the past. >> may be a hold over.... as you commented << Secunia Support are working on how to better present Flash for users.>>
Regards
bjm__

@ wr
following in your footsteps...
I was able to get PSI installed & running from my two Admin user accounts.

Was this reply relevant?
+0
Contributor 21st Jan, 2012 22:42
[IMG]http://i737.photobucket.com/albums/xx12/WR_P/Captu...
I hope the link above 'works'-this is what I meant by 3 browsers Insecure when I only had 2 installed. Sorry I was distracted & didn't get a screenshot of the Secure Browsing tab showing the 4 'browsers'.
Yes thanks Maurice Joyce for the confirmation about AFP being removed from Secure Browsing tab. Thanks also for another 'bullet' (Qualys) in the arsenal against the 'bad guys'.
@bjm- Hope all things PSI are now working for you as expected. I can't take all the credit though as I followed your thread about PSI never verifying connectivity & I think another thread started by xerces8-not sure of thread title or if that's correct users name. Anyway-we're getting there. Also I do not have the text as you do in the Secure Browsing tab regarding the 4 browsers.

Regards, wr

--
AMD 64 Athlon X2
Firefox 31.3.0 ESR
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 21st Jan, 2012 22:48
Your IMG link goes to
http://photobucket.com/findstuff/?httpstatus=404

Try a different link
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Contributor 21st Jan, 2012 23:05
@bjm-thanks for 'heads up' on link. http://i737.photobucket.com/albums/xx12/WR_P/Captu... This one should work(fingers crossed).

--
AMD 64 Athlon X2
Firefox 31.3.0 ESR
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 23rd Jan, 2012 22:26
Adobe Flash Player Insecure returns to Secure Browsing tab.
Thanks Secunia
Finally dawned on my dim brain what the 4 is referring to...
Once you can cross off all 4 from this list, you can rest assured that automatic attacks such as drive-by installation of malware through your browser are a thing of the past.
I have two browsers and both Secure Browsing box's IE & FF list both Flash plugins ocx & dll.
Seems like the IE Secure Browsing box should only list Flash plugin ocx and the Firefox box should only list Flash plugin dll. The 4 = 2 for each browser box. 2x2 = 4 D'oh!
Not really an issue. Just happy to see Flash Player Insecure where it belongs. ;-)

Thanks to the fine folks at Secunia
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Expert Contributor 23rd Jan, 2012 22:38
@bjm

Havn't you got a 1,2,3,4 list above "Once you can cross all 4 off the list "?

It refers to (1) Make sure browser is up to date. (2)Progs and plug-ins (3) Unpatched vulnerabilities (4) Don't say Yes, Run etc if you don't know exactly what it is.

--
Was this reply relevant?
+1
Contributor 23rd Jan, 2012 22:42
Hi bjm

I think this is the 4 the PSI text is referring to:1.Make sure your browser is up-to-date with the latest security patches
2.Make sure that programs and plugins that are integrated directly with your browser are up-to-date with the latest security patches
3.Verify that your browsers or its plugins don't have known security issues for which no security patches have been released from the vendor (unpatched vulnerabilities)
4.Be careful and vigilant. Don't accept anything - don't ever say "Yes", "Run", or "Install" to anything if you don't know exactly what it is.

Regards, wr

--
AMD 64 Athlon X2
Firefox 31.3.0 ESR
Was this reply relevant?
+1
Member 23rd Jan, 2012 23:00
Last edited on 23rd Jan, 2012 23:02
@mogs @wr

I'll go stand in the corner now and reflect on how stupid I R.
Of course you're correct. D'oh!

Once you can cross off all 4 from this list,
Once you can cross off all 4 from the above list,

Let me know when I can come out of the corner :-(
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Expert Contributor 23rd Jan, 2012 23:15
@bjm

There's lots of other possible reasons............

Have you got your new specs on ?
Are you tired ?
Is the lighting adequate ?
Is screen resolution right ?
Have you developed a blind spot with being in the corner for only a couple of minutes ?
Is your optician an attractive/distracting female/feminine ?
Have you had the cataract test ?
Are you sitting too close or too far from the screen......what feels comfortable ?
Have you been checked for sugar diabetes ?
Is your male/masculine doctor attentive or seeming overly affectionate and off putting ?!!!
Stuff psychiatry !!!!

--
Was this reply relevant?
+1
Contributor 23rd Jan, 2012 23:51
I agree with mogs: plenty of other reasons-I thought maybe your NoSquint or whatever add-on you use had suddenly gone astray.

wr

--
AMD 64 Athlon X2
Firefox 31.3.0 ESR
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 24th Jan, 2012 02:25
I have noticed a significant increase in the frequency of those so called "Senior Moments"
Maybe, I need to clear my cache, defrag and reboot.
Woe is me....

Was this reply relevant?
+0
Expert Contributor 24th Jan, 2012 09:12
@bjm

As we get older our memory gets longer.....and we may not have the room that Nellie had in her trunk ?!
I packed in reading newspapers thirty years ago....I usually have cereal for breakfast.....I'm always "defragging".....I either remember or don't, but havn't learned to rely on lots of boxed and markered photos in the attic !! My mother can keep my old train set !!!

--
Was this reply relevant?
+3
Expert Contributor 30th Jan, 2012 17:06

Hello everyone ,

In my absence , it looks like this thread has turned into "weird users" of the PSI ; to quote Hunter S Thompson , "it never got weird enough for me" .

My "History" has not been returned and is "weakly" rebuilding itself : this is of no consequence and I will leave any "reinstalling" of the PSI until another time .

Otherwise everything normal other than the tray icon going awol and then reappearing after it got a reboot in the proverbial .

I give my closing vote to bjm for reaching the highs and the lows ; you can come out now and tell Mummy to give you an extra potato for dinner :)))

Take care

Anthony

--

Nelson Mandela
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.

Products Solutions Customers Partner Resources Company

Corporate
Vulnerability Intelligence Manager (VIM)
Corporate Software Inspector (CSI)
Consumer
Personal Software Inspector (PSI)
Online Software Inspector (OSI)
 Industry
Compliance
Technology
Integration
 Customers
Testimonials
 MSSP
Technology Partners
References
 Reports
Webinars
Events
 About us
Careers
Memberships
Newsroom

Secunia is a member of FIRST Secunia is a member of EDUcause Secunia is a member of The Open Group Secunia is a member of FS-ISAC

Secunia © 2002-2014 Secunia ApS - Rued Langgaards Vej 8, 4th floor, DK-2300 Copenhagen, Denmark - +45 7020 5144
Terms & Conditions and Copyright - Privacy - Report Vulnerability - Disclaimer
follow Secunia on Facebook follow Secunia on Twitter follow Secunia on LinkedIn follow Secunia on YouTube follow Secunia Xing follow Secunias RSS feed follow Secunia on Google+