Vulnerabilities
Programs
Open Discussions
My Threads
Create Thread
Statistics
About

Forum Thread: Secure Browsing Tab

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as resolved.
bonnie23 Secure Browsing Tab
Member 21st Jan, 2012 18:48
Ranking: 1
User Since: 8th Nov, 2009
System Score: 100%
I run a PSI scan every week. Opened PSI about an hour ago, did a full scan...results were 100%. Everything was good, I even checked to see if the two programs I installed 3 days ago were in the list...they were and were up-to-date. My problem is the tab for "Secure Browsing" has gone missing. I use 3 browsers... IE8, Mozilla FF 9.x, and Opera 11.x. In the past the program page listed them as up-to-date but in the Browser tab it showed vulnerabilities. A few months ago all three had issues within the Browser tab. They are... showing in the program page as patched.
Was there an update to PSI 2.0 in the past week and is the "Secure Browsing" tab no longer available? I noticed on the interface page before starting the scan all previous information was gone. No last scan date, no scheduled next scan, and the graph was empty. I was also prompted to "Recover Secunia Profile".
In the PSI settings I only have two items ticked..."Enable automatic program updates" and "Show detailed program changes".

--
bonnie23

Post "RE: Secure Browsing Tab" has been selected as an answer.
mogs RE: Secure Browsing Tab
Expert Contributor 21st Jan, 2012 20:04
Score: 2265
User Since: 22nd Apr 2009
System Score: 100%
Hello.

There hasn't been a version update to psi in the last week...the latest current version is 2.0.0.4003 You can check what version you're running by right clicking on the taskbar icon and then About. You can also keep an eye on versions in the Changelog on the following page :-
http://secunia.com/vulnerability_scanning/personal...

When you say you have only two items ticked in Dashboard/Configuration/Settings.....Have you not got a check on Start Psi on boot nor Enable Program Monitoring and Enable Secure Browsing Page ?.....It's of course a matter of personal choice, but some things are a prerequisite for it to work.
Some people have experienced some irregularities recently.....but perhaps best check those things out first.....hope it helps.....regards.

--
Was this reply relevant?
+1

This thread has been marked as locked.

Products Solutions Customers Partner Resources Company

Corporate
Vulnerability Intelligence Manager (VIM)
Corporate Software Inspector (CSI)
Consumer
Personal Software Inspector (PSI)
Online Software Inspector (OSI)
 Industry
Compliance
Technology
Integration
 Customers
Testimonials
 VARS
MSSP
Technology Partners
References
 Reports
Webinars
Events
 About us
Careers
Memberships
Newsroom

© 2002-2014 Secunia ApS - Rued Langgaards Vej 8, 4th floor, DK-2300 Copenhagen, Denmark - +45 7020 5144
Terms & Conditions and Copyright - Privacy - Report Vulnerability