Vulnerabilities
Programs
Open Discussions
My Threads
Create Thread
Statistics
About

Forum Thread: Won't connect

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as resolved.
bloomers Won't connect
Member 28th Jan, 2012 20:41
Ranking: 0
User Since: 28th Jan, 2012
System Score: N/A
I also can't get past the "Please wait while network connectivity is verified" but I'm only version 1.5.0.2. I followed all the steps in the FAQ , tried again & after about ten mins. a new screen . . . . error . . . "your PSI installation does not appear to have registered itself. Please ensure that 'psi.exe' is allowed to connect to the Internet" Alternatively try to re-verify your account. then a blue Re-verify link. I don't know where to check that 'psi.exe is allowed to connect or why it wouldn't since the last time I used it so clicked on the link & nothing happened. I am pretty much a computer novice so please don't reply with something too involved.
Would I be better off to try an update to newer version or use Revo Uninstaller, then start fresh?

I have XP Home Edition SP3
IE 8
I also have a question/problem about log in goof up but will post that else where. ???

Thank you

Post "RE: Won't connect" has been selected as an answer.
mogs RE: Won't connect
Expert Contributor 28th Jan, 2012 21:19
Score: 2265
User Since: 22nd Apr 2009
System Score: 100%
@bloomers

Hello.
By the sounds of, it might be better to begin afresh. Firstly, check your settings are configured as per the FAQ's here :-
http://secunia.com/products/consumer/psi/faq/#s3 check them thro' meticulously and note the latter paragraphs which particularly apply to XP.
Having satisfied yourself that all is in order.....clear out temp. files using CCleaner etc.. Then install psi from here :-
http://secunia.com/PSISetup.exe Let it remove the previous version.
This should install the latest version 2.0.0.4003...that can be verified by right clicking on the taskbar icon and then About, once installed.

--
Was this reply relevant?
+1
bloomers RE: Won't connect
Member 28th Jan, 2012 22:39
Score: 0
User Since: 28th Jan 2012
Thank you mogs, but I did forget in my post that in following the steps in FAQ that when I checked for the "Sevices", that Secunia wasn't even listed unless I was in the wrong spot? Now I don't even remember what, if anything, I either "ticked or unticked" in the other steps so now wondering if I'll have problems with other sites? I did try to warn you that I'm a 'puter dummy :-)

I have, since my post, gone in search for answer to my login problem & it kinda looks like I wasn't the only one but am now on such an overload of info,I don't know if I'm coming or going so will post here now & take my chances on "getting my fanny chewed out" for posting in wrong area. Will try to keep it short - - - - tried to login with what I thought was correct info but was rejected so clicked on 'forgot password' but somehow ended up creating a new one but at the same time did get email from Support even tho' I had changed my email address since the last time I'd been on forum. ????? So can I & if so, how do I get my old username,etc. back?

oops, wandered off track & now can't see what your reply was without taking a chance on losing what I've just typed here so if you said to do new install, should I use Reve or just the PSI uninstall?
Sorry :-(
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Expert Contributor 28th Jan, 2012 23:34
Last edited on 28th Jan, 2012 23:38
@bloomers

I'm not a techie either....I can read n' write okay, but I've been over your post at least twice....take your time.
Psi usually does a thorough job of clearing up after itself, so letting it do the uninstall when you re-install should be simpler....If however you think you've got old entries from even earlier/previous, installs/uninstalls; and.if you're comfortable using Revo at Advanced level....that may be the better option.
Reading thro' your post again.....probably best carry out the install ,and then check the FAQ settings as suggested previously.....work your way thro' them one by one to be sure. Lots of XP users have discovered one error correcting has made all the difference.

Possibly best leave the logon issue until after you've got psi up and running.

--
Was this reply relevant?
+1
Member 29th Jan, 2012 18:20
Wow, not only did I get the new install done, it gives me a score of 100%!!

But, how do I get to this forum from the Dashboard like I used to in version 1.5 ?
This one showed 'unregistered' so clicked on wherever it was that referred to 'profile' , filled out the info in 'recover' area, that didn't work so filled out info in 'create' area , that didn't work either so had to close out of PSI & go to my desktop where I have a quick link to forum.

I guess it's not necessary to go back to my old profile? I used to be 'crackers' & I found that I'd saved screenshots of some of my postings where both you & taffy had helped me.

Thanx mogs,
bloomers ( aka crackers )
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Expert Contributor 29th Jan, 2012 18:52
@bloomers

Well, that's a bit of good news...and 100% ! Glad that it worked for you.
Unfortunately there is a problem with recovery of profile.....see Maurice's post concerned with here :-
http://secunia.com/community/forum/thread/show/119...

bloomers has got to better than crackers eh ?

--
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 29th Jan, 2012 19:36
At 1st I was concerned about the 100% 'cuz my old version said something about IE 8 but in reading some of the posts here I guess that's one of the bugs in 4003.

I'm not sure I care for 'bloomers', it just came to me in a hurry when I did it so if it's possible I might change it.

For now tho' I think I can go back to board to 'accept' yours & close this.

Thanx again,
bloomers
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.

Products Solutions Customers Partner Resources Company

Corporate
Vulnerability Intelligence Manager (VIM)
Corporate Software Inspector (CSI)
Consumer
Personal Software Inspector (PSI)
Online Software Inspector (OSI)
 Industry
Compliance
Technology
Integration
 Customers
Testimonials
 VARS
MSSP
Technology Partners
References
 Reports
Webinars
Events
 About us
Careers
Memberships
Newsroom

© 2002-2014 Secunia ApS - Rued Langgaards Vej 8, 4th floor, DK-2300 Copenhagen, Denmark - +45 7020 5144
Terms & Conditions and Copyright - Privacy - Report Vulnerability